CHAPTER 30

Sebastien Luca Buenaventura

A tic on my jaw clenches as my body tries to relieve the anxiety I was feeling. There's a constant ringing in my ears, my heart thuds, my breath, shaking from the caffeine I just had earlier together with the arising tension and anger I felt.

I stared at the information I received. My fist are clenched so tight that my knuckles became white.

I'm doomed, this is not good. PDEA just caughed some of my traded cannabis on the airport. It was a dumb mistake but, here's the thing... The airport was a private one. I'm going to assume that the owner told everyone about it, since the owner knows from the very beginning since he also does that, but with a different drug.

I have a strong gut feeling that one of my political rivals told the Ombudsman about it. I know the Buenavista's had been eyeing me around.

The Buenavista's are my political rivals. Get that? Rivals.

They're a family of politician, and also does Political dynasties—which I am strongly against.

When my father was also a Governor, they're the one who impeached him on his term, since Romulo Buenavista was the Vice Governor at that time. I hated the man, I remember looking at him with pure disgust on my face after he ruined my father.

I promised my father when I was a child, that I will also become a Governor. I told him that my goal is to beat Buenavista. My Dad was against it, he doesn't like the fact that I wanted to downgrade someone for revenge.

Eventually, my interest as a child changed, I wanted to become a lawyer instead, but the moment I learned about that fucking Buenavista, ruining the place where I grew up made my blood boil.

Sorsogon was a mess, it wasn't like that when we left. Where we're my father's projects? Why are there beggars everywhere? Why is it filthy? Dirty? Disgusting?

That was an eye opener for me, with the things I learned, and with the power I hold if I win the election, I have the power to change Sorsogon.

But with power, also comes temptations, temptation to fame and money... Endless power was all I ever wanted.

No wonder why people don't quit politics even if they're old—in fact, some even die while on they're on their term.

I was introduced to drugs by a friend, a pharmaceutical owner, but the type of drugs he is making money with never appealed to me. I wanted cannabis.

I was interrupted by the sharp ringing from my phone, breaking the defeaning silence in the four cornered room. I looked at my screen and realized it was an unknown number.

I was hesitant to answer it at first but I did it anyways.

"Hello?" I said.

I'm not those type of people who will stay silent whenever there are phone calls, if someone calls me I answer right away.

"This is your fault!" I flinched with the man's sharp scream from the call.

"What now, Zacarias?" I said in a monotone.

"You weren't careful enough! You're fucking doomed!" Zacarias was mad and screaming, could be another ADHD episode. He can't control outburst of emotions.