CHAPTER 23

Elianna Lauren Silvestre

Men are naturally teritorial, they view women as their possession—like a property , but how do you really defend and protect your so called property?

Different types of men means different kinds of strategies, some woo them to stay, some brag them to others to give their women the confidence, thus the women stay with them, some shower them with love and affection. The thing is, women like when they're being treated like Goddesses, they want their man's attention for them only, they want their men to be proud of them, brag them, spoil them–almost like worshipping, but some are also different, some men lock them up, cage them, and they become too toxic and insensitive.

I am not his woman to begin with, maybe that is the reason why he doesn't treat me right–doesn't treat me like he loves me.

"Are you out of your damn mind?" his sinful voice was loud and clear, almost vibrating that I could feel crawling on my skin. I continued staring at my foot.

We just got home—just the two of us.

"Ellie, it's dangerous out there, hindi mo ba naisip na kung ano ang pwedeng mangyari sa'yo?" he sounded like a concerned father.

Ngayon pa? Maybe that's the only way for him to be concerned to me. Tumingin ako sakanya at nakipagtitigan ng mariin. He standing in front of me, magkabilang kamay ay nasa bewang.

"How does it feel?" I asked, my voice was stiff and low.

"What?" his forehead creases.

"How does it feel? I just gave you a dose of your own poison, Seb." my voice was monotone.

"Y–" I cut him off.

"Bakit? Ikakamatay mk ba kapag nawala ako sa poder mo? Stop being dramatic, I am nothing to you, just a lowly maid, right?!" I couldn't help but to raise my voice.

I just realized I sounded like a bitch, my intention was to make him feel guilty, not me acting all defensive and insecure. I'm having frequent mood swings because of the stress, I just want to escape— escape from him, together with the constant stress and frustration I'm feeling whenever he denies me.

"You know that everything between us is problematic," you could hear the frustration from his voice. "I'm aware of that, I took you on supposed to be wedding, and you don't even have a formal break up from your fiance, as much as I want them to know about you, I can't." pahina ng pahina ng boses niya. "It's not hard to comprehend it, Ellie, I'm just your paramour, as long as that Gael doesn't know, isa akong kabit!" he bursed out.

"Then why wouldn't you let him know?!" I stood up at hinarap siya. "it's easy! Call him, talk to him or just see him, tell him about us!"

It's funny how I'm just willing to toss Gael for this man, Gael is way better than him, he treats me better but I just became too dependent on Sebastien.

"It's not easy, I have to protect my image too, dealing with the people is not easy, it's a big responsibility, one wrong move and you're out." he explained. "Think of it, what if Gael spreads all of this? It would be a nasty scandal!"

Napatawa ako ng pagak, it's always about him, his image and protecting the power he holds. How about me? What's the point of him wanting me to stay when he makes me feel that I should just be away from him.

"It's always about politics," I said as I made my hand into a fist.

"Ellie, no. Why can't you understand it?" his tone was pleading...and tired.

"I can clearly understand what you're implying, you don't people to know about me because you protect your self image so bad, you always want them to see you as a good fucking politician, powerful, perfect and magnificent, am I right?" I stated firmly. "Sino ba naman ako para sirain ang image mo sa tao, diba?"