Chapter 26__Widow

Aminatu's POV

The doctors have been in the ICU for more than five hours, and now by the Almighty Allah grace the light which is on top of the ICU door is off indicating that the doctors will be out soon. 

To says i'm and was scared will be an understatement, but i stay strong for the baby i'm carrying in my womb our little love, for Yusuf, for me and for the rest of my family.

"Doctor please tell me Yusuf is fine!" I asked one of the doctors as soon he shove himself outside. He wipe the sweat that is tricking down his face, Looking at us.

"Doctor say something please." They all chorus.

"Yes he's fine." The man breath earning a sigh of relief from me and the rest of them.

"Alhmdullilah, thank you Yah Allah." Umma said with a teary voice.

I squat there performing a sujud of shukr thanking the Almighty for this wonderful blessing, then stand with a big smile. "Thank you doctor, can we __"

"__i mean can we see him now?"  I said sweetly so he can let me in, but the doctor look at me then to the others. With a sad face.

Damm, my heart beat in a very strong way.

"I'm sorry to say this_" He mouth returning his gaze toward me.  "___the patient has gone into coma."

"W_what did you mean doctor? " someone stuttered.

"The accident is such a fatal one, thankfully he survive but he suffered a fractured scull and now he has been in a coma. And we will have to wait until the time he wake up, which will take Allah knows when and how long." The doctor conclude walking away.

"N_o, n_o, no this. Nothing has happen to him." I mouth, my legs trembling with a very strong fear. Thankfully someone hold me by my shoulders.

"Come down Meena, don't panic, be strong for your health and your baby, Yusuf will never want you to be unhealthy and unhappy. I'm here with you and the whole family is here with you."

I swirl looking at khairat by now my face is covered with tears, my heart as heavy as a rock.

"K_k_khairat Yusuf is.. he no! Call the doctor for me he need to examine him again, there must be something he can do. " I said holding her face, she shake her head with tears all over her face.

I shove Khairat's hands from my shoulder, wiping away my tears. "Yes the doctors can find a solution that is there job, Yusuf will be alright. " I smile walking to Abba.

"Abba this hospital is yours, our hospital, tell all the doctors to gather here and help him. Ordered them." I express softly wiping away my tears which are coming down against the other ones.

Still Abba too shake his head with a misty eyes, so i go to salim. "Salim Yusuf is your brother do something please 🙏 " I begged shaking salim with all my strength.

"This whole family members seems to be cursed, especially her own family_".

"__first it was her, her husband stand right on this spot praying for her life and now, she's the one who's begging for her husbands life." A foreign accent yelled in the corridor making me gasp and flinch placing my palm on my heart.

"Who asked for your opinion woman mind your own business. And i see you're not here for your health too, you must be cursed too. " A voice with a Hausa accent mock. 

"This couple love each despite their age difference and despite the hardship they face. How could you increase her pain woman. I'm sorry for her stupidity he will be OK by the Almighty grace, i'll surely pray for his recovery."