Chapter 27

ᗩᗰIᑎᗩTᑌ

I slowly and cautiously open the door. Yusuf laid on the bed lifelessly, with many medical devices on his head, nose, chest and hands. I walk to him my eyes filled with tears. I feel helpless my world now rotate around husbands life.

"Uthuf you have to wake right? Wake up for your nena please." I mumble. I just want Yusuf to be alright. I need him in my life.

After sitting down for almost thirty minutes, i hear a knock. Khairat gestured for me to come out, knowing he will not like noises i decide to follow her. I opened the door entering the medium parlor.

Umma call me to sit beside her, i follow suit placing my head on shoulder. "Here have something my child" Umma said worriedly, she start to feed me.

"Salaam to you all" I hear my fathers voice, he walk in with a sad smile on his. Father was not in town this week i'm sure he must have had of the news.

"Dad!" I mouth standing from my spot. He give me a hug wordlessly tapping my back.

"My daughter is such a strong woman, i'm sure you'll make it through this with strength. And we'll continue to pray for him" Dad said holding me by my shoulders, i felt stronger by his words. Yes i'm sure everything will be okay sooner.

"Ibrahim you we're not in town? " Abba asked dad.

"Yes i just find the news recently, so i rush back, everything will be okay Aliyu by Allah will"

"Amen" We all chorus, at that moment we all stay silent. Praying for Yusuf's recovery.

Later the commissioner of police come wanting to talk to us. "Sir have a sit please" Salim express earning a nod from the man.

"Salaam, my sorry to you all." We all hummed thank you eagerly waiting for the police to speak about the accident. I don't want this sorry, nothing happen to my Uthuf.

"We have been investigating the matter sir and we find out it was not an accident, because why will he be at that cliff area. The CCTV cameras shows a trunk following him and push him off the cliff." I gaze at the man trying to process what he is saying. Why will anyone try to kill my Yusuf? That is the answer i don't know.

"Thankfully we trace the trunk driver but he said he's not well someone borrow the trunk."

"Sir you have to make sure you find the person who try to harm my son" Abba said boldly.

"Yes commissioner, we'll be greatfull if you do that, the person who's behind this need to be punish" Dad said holding my hand tightly.

They continue to talk about the case until the one of the police man who are assign come in.

"Sir there is a woman outside, she said there is something important she want to talk about." The man speak looking at salim.

"Ok i'll go and see who she's." Said salim walking away, i fixed my eyes on one spot thinking about Yusuf, how i wish to be with him this moment.  I start to remember all our memories together, we laughed and we cry, i want to be in his arms so badly, i want to hear him call my name, i want him to place his hands on my tummy greeting our little love. I secretly wipe away tears.

'Have faith in the Almighty Aminatu, everything will be okay' my inner self remained me. And i have the faith.

The door open. "Zainab the woman is Laila she said she's Shukra's friend did you know her?" I hear salim voice.

"Yes she's her best friend, I'm sure she come to visit us and i wonder why shukra is not here." Anty zee said to no one in particular.

"Ok i i'll bring her in" I hear him said before opening the door. I want to be with Yusuf but i know the doctors said we should let him be i entered earlier through must persuading.