|| Ups and downs ||

You have always been enough.
___________________________

They all say down on the dining table after the two boys greeted Jimin's dad. Mr park was so happy to see the two boys after so much time, and they felt the same way. They kept laughing and chatting untill Mrs park called them and said that lunch is ready.

"Okay, I made Tteokbokki with eggs. Y'all's favorite when you were little kids. I hope you still like it. Anyways, bon appetit!" Mijeong smiled as she placed the plates on the table.

The two boys smiled at her. "Thanks mom!" They both said.

On the other side of the table was Jihyun. He wasn't really having it with Inyeop. Jimin barley gave him attention since he arrived, he was just laughing and giggling with Inyeop.

"Jihyun? What's wrong baby?" Mrs park asked.

"Huh?" The younger boy questioned.

"You look like you're ready to murder someone." She laughed.

"Oh, haha, I uh.. I'm just tired."

"Well, maybe you need to eat healthy food for once. I bet you'll feel better after." She said as she sat next to them on the dining table.

"Yeah.." Jihyun sighed as he picked up his spoon to eat.

Jimin pulled up his sleeves as a habit to eat. Once he did, his scares were on full display to everyone. Inyeop quickly noticed and pulled Jimin's hands under the table. The younger shot him a questioning look. Inyeop cocked his head signaling to his visible wrists. Jimin instantly pulled down his sleeves which made everyone look at his direction due to his fast movements. They all raised one eyebrow at him. "Is everything alright, dear?" Mr park asked.

"Uhh... I-i..." Jimin stuttered.

"There was just a bug on his hand, Mr park." Inyeop smiled at him.

They all laughed at Jimin's fear of bugs and went back to eating. Jihyun though, seemed to notice how Inyeop held Jimin's hands a little too tight. He knew something was up.

A few more minutes have passed and everything seemed to be alright. Jimin tried to eat and he actually did. He ate a little bit and no one seemed to notice how little he ate, because they were too busy talking to Jimin and appreciating his visit. Inyeop was so happy that Jimin finally started eating. The rest of the time they spent eating was fine. Jimin's parents shot some questions here and there like, "Is there a lucky girl in your life?" Or, "Did you think about getting married yet?" Which Jimin kept with responding with, "No mom, I can't date while I'm working this job." And, "No dad, I don't think I'm ready for marriage yet."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin later led Inyeop to his room.

"Wow, it's just like how I remember it." The older looked around the room.

Jimin giggled. "Yeah..."

Jihyun was passing by Jimin's room when they heard them talking and curiosity took the best of him. He stood outside with his ear to the door, listening to their conversation.

"Hyung, I wanted to thank you for earlier." Jimin looked at his hyung's eyes.

"Huh? For what?" Inyeop questioned.

"You know,... At lunch. When they almost saw my scars. I don't really think I want to let them know that I self harm right now. Actually, you're the only one that knows what I'm going through. So thank you so much, for everything." Jimin smiled with tears in his eyes.

"Jimin, I told you, you don't have to thank me. I'm always here. I'm proud to be the only one you trust with these sensitive things." Inyeop assured him.

Jihyun on the other side, listening to everything, bursted inside completely angry and dumfounded. "Is... Is this true Jimin?" He stuttered.

Jimin froze in his place. His body started shaking and he couldn't get a word out of his mouth. He really, really  didn't want anyone to find about this.

Jihyun slowly kept getting closer and Jimin started getting more panicked. Of course, Inyeop noticed. He took a step Infront of Jimin and told Jihyun to stop. "Jihyun, please, Jimin doesn't want to talk right now-"

"No, he was just talking to you. But when I come, he's suddenly silent. What's wrong Jimin? Do you not trust me enough?" The younger brother kept moving forward.

"What? No, of course he does. You're his brother. He just didn't want you to worry about him. Just please, Jimin doesn't feel comfortable right now." Inyeop answered instead.

"First of all, I wasn't talking to you. My question was towards Jimin. Second, brothers don't treat eachother like that. It isn't fair that he tells you everything and I, his actual brother, don't know anything about him. Third, you don't know anything about Jimin. You don't tell when he's uncomfortable, I do. I know him better. I loved him, I cared about him, I did everything I could to catch his attention. He's my older brother, I'm supposed to look up to him. And I did. But he didn't do the same. He never saw me like that. He'd always hang out with you. He'd always talk to me about you and how you make him feel. He'd always ignore me for you. He'd always talk with you about everything, but me? Nah, apparently I'm not important. I don't have to know when he's hurt or under too much pressure, but you do. I don't get to hang out with my own brother, but you do. And apparently I can't even speak up for my own brother, you do. So if it's going to be like that forever, then I don't think I want a brother. I don't want to be your brother anymore, Jimin. I'm done here." And by that, Jihyun left the room.

He left Jimin with mixed feelings. Guilty for making his only brother feel like that, and angry at himself for making his only brother feel like that. And right now, this isn't what Jimin needed to feel.

Jihyun wanted to tell Jimin that he can trust him, that he needs to. He wanted to tell him how he'd support him if he just told him everything. He wanted Jimin to know that he could count on him. He wanted to comfort his older brother. But it all came out wrong. It all came out as being just jealous. It came out as Jihyun being mad at Jimin for not talking to him about everything, when in fact, it was supposed to come out as Jihyun telling him how he needs to trust and talk freely to him. It came out as Jihyun being extremely jealous of Inyeop, when he actually just wanted to be like him, not replace him. He wanted to be one of the people Jimin trusts. Because no words can describe how much he loves Jimin... But it came out the wrong way.

Inyeop kept staring at the door. He didn't know what to do. But he knew that Jimin is in fact hurt. If he turned around, how will Jimin look? How will he feel? How does he feel? He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before turning around to see the poor boy crying silently whilst his body is still shaking. It broke the older so much. He did what he could to help and lift Jimin up, but now, he tripped over a rock. This rock made him fall once more, and picking Jimin up again will be nearly impossible this time. Yes, maybe the the first time he fell in a hole. and yes, this time he only tripped over a rock, but sometimes it hurts more to see yourself fall over the stupidest things and get hurt the stupidest ways.

_______________________
Woaahh. I never knew I'm that wise.
Anyways, I decided not to make Jihyun evil, but I had to put in some drama. So I made him hurt Jimin unintentionally, for the sake of the story.
Anyways, shout out to my bestie that gave me some ideas to finish this chapter, if ur reading this, ayyyyyy (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Jim-out.