|| Choices ||

Some lies are easier to believe than the truth.
____________________

"Inyeop, I hate this. I can't take it anymore. I'm such a coward." Jimin sniffs, looking up at the ceiling and avoiding the older's gaze.

"I know Jimin, I know it's hard, but you're not a coward trust me. It's totally normal to be afraid to face the people who hurt you." The older moves jimin's head so that he's looking at him. "Let's try what I told you earlier. Close your eyes." He added.

Jimin leaned back to his bed and closed his eyes. He saw darkness, followed by crazy shapes and colors with even crazier and funnier features. Sooner, the sad tears became happy ones. He was laughing yet crying, it's like when you're having a mental breakdown but your best friend ruins it so you start laughing tears. No, It was exactly like that. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at inyeop with his doe eyes.

"I love you." He said, a soft smile creeping up his face.

"I love you more." The other boy spoke, leaning in for another hug.

"Thanks for everything. You literally don't know how much it means. Without you I wouldn't be like this. Even though I'm not in my best mental state, it's definitely better when you're beside me." Jimin started tearing up once again.

Inyeop let go of him and held him by his shoulders. "Don't thank me. Any other decent person would've done what I've done. It's the least thing I could do for someone like you." The older smiled and Jimin did the same. "Jimin, I will always be here for you. I'll make sure you're safe, I'll protect you. You won't be alone anymore. I'll won't let you go, you hear me? I'll never let you go, ever. I promise." The older boys said, tone serious. He exchanged glances at both jimin's eyes. He wanted some type of answer, confirmation.

Jimin smiled genuinely, whipping his tears. "Thank you."

Thank you. A polite expression used when acknowledging a gift, service, or compliment, and accepting or refusing an offer. It's a very simple word that people use a lot. Although sometimes, it isn't that simple. What is a word deeper than thank you? How deep can thank you get? How do you sincerely thank someone? What's the suitable word for something like that? Well, in this situation, nothing. A word that can replace thank you doesn't exist. Another example, love. There isn't a word that's stronger than love, and so same with thank you. So, how do you know how sincere a thank you is? The answer is so simple to the point where it's confusing, body language. If you know the person you're talking to very well, then by now you'll know their body language. You'll understand how a thank you was meant to sound, how deep it actually is, and how grateful the person truly is.

Inyeop wondered how a simple thank you could made him this happy. He knows how much Jimin means it, he knows so damn well.

-

"Hey," Inyeop started,  joining Jimin on the couch. Jimin lowered the tv volume and hummed at him.

"So uh.. I have to go back to America to finish the drama I'm working on." He said, avoiding jimin's gaze.

Jimin kept silent for a few, thinking, before he finally spoke up. "That's great, I can't wait to see it." He said with a genuine smile.

The older was confused at Jimin's answer. He thought Jimin would be sad or mad, but.. he wasn't. "Aren't you mad at me?"

Jimin cocked an eyebrow before laughing. "No, of course not. Why would I be? I feel like I'm the reason you aren't working right now."