Anne And Catalina

This one's platonic

Anne's dead and has unfinished business and Catalina helps her

Ghost/monster-y AU/"Do you believe in ghosts?" prompt

Also I guess Jane and Catalina kind of have a thing going on, but that's really more of a background thing

Idk man I randomized this idea as a challenge

Warning: mentions of suicide, mentions unhealthy/abusive relationships. Plus I haven't checked for mistakes more than twice

Also I cried while writing this, read at own risk.

--------------

Catalina wasn't easily scared.

If anything, people were scared of her.

So when she moved to a small town, the last thing she expected was to be haunted.

She didn't expect it and she didn't believe it.

It wasn't like ghosts real.

So why would she be scared, when a girl kept following her. And attempting to talk to her and her only.

She even followed her home once. Or twice. Or let's say a few times.

She never did anything though.

And she didn't seem threatening in the slightest.

Like the day they met, she was just being impossibly fast and kind of weird. Not scary.

--------------

Catalina was just out on a walk. Looking for a nice spot near the forest, when she saw her. She was the only face she could remember from being in this town.

She dressed differently, but no one else even looked at her. The people in town were all dressed simply, while the girl wore shiny green clothes every day.

She always wandered through the streets with such confidence, something Catalina thought was impressive. Having the energy to be so, so special every single day.

Catalina could never manage that, yes, she was confident, and yes, she walked with a straight back. But the energy to skip around town everyday singing random songs so loudly was simply not with her.

She caught herself staring at the girl, it was obvious too, she was the only one on the sidewalk at the time, so she turned away.

But as soon as she did, the girl stood in front of her.

Jumping back slightly, Catalina took a good look at the girl, "well hello there."

The girl's eyes shot further open, as a wide grin stretched across her face. "You! You're different!" And then within a blink she disappeared.

"That was weird," Catalina mumbled to herself, before continuing her search for a nice little spot.

She almost found what she was looking for, but a shop owner called out to her, "I wouldn't go to close to that forest if I were you.."

"Why is that?" she had replied coldly.

"Well last year a girl, I'd say around your age, hanged herself there. Some people keep going missing in the woods," he explained.

Catalina laughed full heartedly, "yeah right. People go missing in the woods all the time."

But just to be safe, she didn't return there.

--------------

Now, where ever she went, she either had the feeling of being watched or saw the strange girl.