Aralyn

(my phone told me this and the next two chapters weren't uploaded for some reason, sorry if you get double notified)
Another fever dream of a story, I am seriously pushing out of my comfort zone

This is a poorly written chapter and I am fully aware of it, consider this a warning, I did not have a plan for this. It's all over the place.

I love angry Jane (ㅅ' ˘ ')♡

And why did I make them speak Hamilton lyrics??? Whyyy???

--------------

"Anne? What are you doing on the ground?" Catalina kneeled down to Anne, "at the woods this time of day nonetheless?"

"Huh..?" Anne opened her eyes, "what?"

Catalina brushed some of the dirt out of Anne's hair, which Anne reacted to by frantically hitting her fingers away.

To calm her down, Catalina grabbed her hand, "shh, it's okay. It's just me, just Lina."

Anne's eyes widened and she finally took in her dark surroundings, now even more stressed, Anne lifted herself up and stumbled backwards, that also didn't really last, she fell down shortly after.

"Why are you here?!" Anne's voice was brittle and shrill when Catalina tried to come closer.

"I just want to help you, Anne, what happened?" Catalina tried in a comforting voice.

Anne shook her head quickly.

Catalina sighed, "come on, Anne, at least let me bring you to Jane safely or something."

This failed to calm Anne in any way, "no! She can't know about this!"

"About what, Anne? I can't keep a secret I don't know."

At that, Anne put her arm in her hoodie pocket, badly hiding it. In addition she pulled her collar up higher.

Catalina rolled her eyes, "come here," when Anne didn't react, she repeated herself with a bit more of a stern tone.

Hesitantly Anne stood up and stepped closer to Lina, "you have to promise not to tell Kat and Jane."

Catalina frowned, what was Anne talking about? "Anne, if this is a regular thing you need to tell someone."

"No, you need to promise, or else I'll run and not ever talk again," Anne insisted.

"I can't promise that and you know it."

Anne's eyes watered and she turned away. "No, Anne, don't go," Lina sighed and internally cursed, "I promise I won't tell anyone."

Catalina placed a hand on Anne's upper arm. Anne took a deep breath, "a guy attacked me."

"What?!" Catalina started looking around.

"No, he's not here anymore, but he had a knife and apparently a lot to say," Anne shook her head slowly, "a lot of shitty stuff actually."

"What did he do?"

"He, well, funny story now that you mention it," Anne chuckled dryly, "he cut my neck, not deep at all, but it really burns. At least the first time it was over pretty quickly you know? But this? Not so nice."

Catalina gasped softly as she lifted the now stained collar away from Anne's wound. "That's really bad. Do you know who he was?"

"I'm really not supposed to say, especially not here. But, uh, my arm too, he may or may not have tried to stab me. Then I think the sight up close disgusted him so he kind of left. It's not deep either, but it also really fucking hurts. Doesn't bleed as much as I would have thought."