Saragon/Aramour

Practicing Saragon!

No beta, I wrote this entire story over multiple weeks, but all during nighttime

I'll go back to calling her Catherine and Catalina, I'll try to stay consistent in each chapter <3

Henrat appears, well, kinda, he's a dick

--------------

It was late at night and Jane felt like dying. She was unable to fall asleep, everytime she closed her eyes, she would see the distorted faces of her fellow queens. She was scared to sleep.

So Jane sat on her bed, rocking back and forth, murmuring her fears. She had fallen asleep for a few minutes, but in that time Anne's execution replayed in her head and she shot up in bed crying.

The problem was that there wasn't really any way for her to ignore the nightmare, she also couldn't just go to her older cousin for comfort because one, Anne was quite literally more sensitive about this topic than Jane could ever be and two, Jane had never really confided in her about stuff like that.

And she couldn't talk to Kat, obviously. And she wasn't close to Anna. And she wasn't close enough to Cathy. So that left her with two options. She either could spend the night sitting in her bed, anxiously attempting to not sleep, or get herself to stand up and talk to Catherine.

Jane stood up shakily, holding onto her bedside table to steady herself for a couple of seconds, before sneaking out of her room and down the hall. She almost stepped on a creaky floorboard, but caught herself in the last second.

"Shoot," she got out under her breath.

Slowly she made her way to the yellow door at which 'Cath of A' was engraved on the frame, Anne had done it with a pocket knife a few months back. It made Jane smile wearily, before her thoughts wandered back to the nightmare and why she was there.

Jane raised her hand and hesitated for a solid five minutes. She didn't want to be too loud when she knocked, she didn't want to startle Catherine, or any of the other queens. Oh it'd be so bad if she woke Anne, or let her know she was awake. Anne would confront her about why she was at Catherine's door at four in the morning. She would possibly tease Jane and then panic at her state. And Jane couldn't allow that.

Great, now she had arrived at the point where she was afraid to knock.

Because then again, knocking too softly wouldn't gain anyone's attention, but she had to at least try.

Jane scared herself with the knock, even if it was barely louder than her breathing. She was so concerned about how Catherine would react.

She heard muffled grumbling through the door then tired steps.

The door swung open and Catherine stood in front of her with messy hair, "Jane?" she asked in confusion while trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes to the best of her abilities, "why are you up?"

Nervously Jane opened her mouth to say something, but she couldn't find the words. She closed her eyes and tried to speak, to tell Catherine that she had a nightmare, but still couldn't quite muster the courage.

Catherine looked at Jane again, clearer this time, "Oh my god, Jane, are you okay?" she sounded much more awake now.

"I'm so sorry to wake you up, but I really can't be alone right now. There's no one else I can be around with this... thing, I'm sorry," Jane whispered the tears threatening to fall now.

Instead of saying anything, Catherine opened her arms to which Jane hugged her tightly.

While Jane quietly cried into Catherine's shoulder, the latter ran her fingers through her hair and stroked her back.