Prank

Chapter 13

(Flashback from Original Timeline)

Blaze had been doing everything in his troublemaking powers to make Gempa's life a living hell. From replacing his hand sanitizer to clear glue to placing fake spiders on top of the door to fall on whoever opens it.

He always made sure the one opening those doors would be that brother who had put him on probation.

As expected, Gempa would end up furious and chase him around the house once the prank succeeded, but Blaze was always too fast to get caught.

Of course, it would've been another story if Gempa used his powers, but their Grandpa had been strict about the whole no-powers-in-the-house rule.

Their other brothers would just look at them in confusion and were obviously starting to notice a pattern, while Hali would give him a disapproving glance and a lecture whenever he got the chance of privacy.

"Are you purposely being difficult?!" Hali would scowl at him, "Why can't you just accept your punishment without acting like a brat?!"

"You obviously don't know who you're talking to." Blaze would retort.

"Then maybe it's about time to change, don't you think?!"

"Maybe I don't want to!"

"Grow up!"

"Stop wasting your time, pikachu. Go nag someone else."

This seem to only sour the mood around the house at the rather obvious conflict amongst them as the days went on.

But Blaze, honestly, couldn't find it in him to care as he poured some oil at the house's doorway for that day's prank. Gempa had just left to get the laundry that were hung outside and Blaze knew he would be back soon.

He heard footsteps outside and hastily capped the oil bottle and ran to hide behind one of the curtains in their living room.

Snickering at himself, he listened as the doorknob twisted. He could only imagine the look on Gempa's face once he falls for his prank. He couldn't wait to taunt his brother-

"I'm home! I decided to close the shop early today."

Only to feel his heart drop when he heard a different voice.

Blaze dropped the bottle and hastily pushed the curtain aside in panic, "Atok! Wait!"

"Api, what- WHOA!"

The elder had turned to him as he entered, and Api could only watch in horror as he slipped and let go of the box he had been carrying.

He tried to get to his grandpa to stop him from falling, but he was too slow.

Tok Aba fell on his bottom with a pained yelp, which was followed by a loud 'thump' as the packages spilled from the fallen box.

Blaze didn't even have the time to react when Ochobot and Gempa came in next, looking just as panicked as Blaze felt.

"Tok Aba!" Ochobot grabbed the old man's shoulder in worry while Gempa tried to assess what had happened.

"Where does it hurt? Do I have to call the ambulance?!" His brother asked in panic, noting how their Grandpa had yet to stand up and was continuously rubbing his hip.

"I'm fine, Tanah. I just need a moment." Tok Aba tried to assure, only to wince as he tried getting up.

"Api!" He flinched from his frozen state and watched at Gempa open his mouth about to give him orders to probably call someone for help when his eyes landed behind him.