Mornings

Chapter 25

Ice waved at Gempa who had been in the middle of helping his friends pack their mud suits for their mission. He still felt a little groggy and his head was pounding, having to wake up so early in the morning as per their leader's order. He would've complained about it, but one troubled look from his brother last night had shut him up.

The situation between all of them had been a little shaky. Arguments and fights here and there while Taufan and Thorn tried to act as the pacifists, but even they were starting to feel the strain from all the disagreements.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Ice then asked once the older septuplet hastily made his way to him.

"I just want you to keep an eye on Api while we're gone." Gempa said as he looked back to see Solar giving them a knowing look by the entrance of the spaceship, "Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

"You don't really need to tell me that." There were times Ice would let Blaze be, let him run off somewhere to let off some steam, but he would never leave his brother unchecked especially with the recent happenings.

"I know... I'm just..."

"...worried? Yeah, I get that. You always are when you have to leave us for a mission." Ice said with a yawn, "Don't worry, I'll make sure Blaze doesn't eat a crayon or something."

That quirked a smile on Gempa's lips, "I know you're capable, Air. I just... have a bad feeling."

"Is there a reason why?" Gempa and bad feelings were never a good sign, "If it's about his sickness, I've been monitoring him. He seems to be doing better now."

"No. It's just what Solar said about last night." His brother frowned, "Blaze was hiding something in your room under his bed, before Solar came in to talk to him."

"You want me to go check what it is?" Ice raised an eyebrow, a little surprised that Gempa didn't immediately scold him for suggesting to snoop in other people's stuff.

There was a moment of hesitation before he finally shook his head, "He's already angry at us for putting a limiter on his watch. I don't want to add more to his list of why he should hate us."

"Api may be a hot-head, but he can never hate us." Ice assured, and Gempa flashed him a grateful look.

"Gempa! We're leaving!" Fang waved at them while the others made their way to the spaceship.

"I should get going." There was that hesitance again, he looked like he was seconds from backing out for the mission before deciding against it. Instead, he gave him a firm look.

"You're in charge, okay?"

That surprised Ice. Usually, it was Halilintar who was in-charge. Being the second-in-command and all- but apparently, whatever disagreement the two had remains unsolved.

With a hesitant nod, Gempa quickly made his way to the others. Fang waited for Gempa to enter the ship before following him in.

Ice could already tell it was going to be a hectic day that he might actually have less naps for today.

The sound of the engine starting made him take a step back into the safe zone as the thrusters lit up, signaling their departure. He waved at the ship, knowing fully well that they probably wouldn't see him.

He sighed once they blasted into space and turned back to go inside while messaging the others about their team's take-off, only to freeze as he came face to face with the eldest septuplet.

"So, you're in-charge." Halilintar said, tone flat.

"Look, whatever's going on between the two of you, you work it out." Ice said with another sigh, "I know we argue sometimes, but hasn't this been going on long enough?"