Ally

Chapter 34

Blaze stared at Halilintar who was caught off guard by the question.

He knew he didn't want his brothers to be involved with any of this anymore and had to be discreet as much as possible, but something in him told him he had to ask and make sure they actually don't remember any of this.

Or else another cycle would repeat itself.

"What are you talking about?"

Hali looked genuinely confused.

He couldn't help but narrow his eyes.

If he actually didn't know... then it wouldn't make any sense since he had been involved with using Ying's power watch.

He knew for a fact that the users were pretty much immune with the effects of the power...

...so why was Halilintar acting like he didn't know...?

Unless...

He's planning to stab you in the back... just like Solar did.

A cunning tone that was eerily similar to Reverse Gempa's whispered softly in his mind.

Ever since the incident when he got home from the hospital, he would often hear Reverse Gempa's voice practically speaking out the dark thoughts that he would often ignore.

And on bad days, he'd see him in reflections, smiling at him patiently as if waiting for something.

He did his best to pretend he wasn't there.

Blaze then forced himself back to the situation at hand, which wasn't any better as he could practically feel the panic make his throat close up.

He hoped he wasn't showing it as he forced himself to ask-

"Do you really not remember anything weird? Or dreamt of something?"

If he continues to deny it then-

Halilintar's confused facade then broke and was replaced with a look of unease at the mention of dreams.

"Actually... I've been having these weird visions... and dreams." He admitted. He very much looked like he didn't want to talk about it.

His admission seemed real enough that Blaze finds himself relaxing a bit.

"What kind?" He asked, trying not to sound desperate.

"Err... Some kind of battle? Our brothers and friends were there and... weird frogs..." Halilintar awkwardly said, looking even more uncomfortable.

"And?!" Blaze pushed further.

Halilintar then scowled at him, "It's just some weird dream! Why are you so interested about it all of a sudden?! And how did we even get to this conversation?!"

He's trying to avoid the subject. Reverse Gempa sounded amused.

Blaze, however, was far from amused.

But maybe he really didn't remember! After all, Halilintar had only been there to help reverse time.

Maybe he was just partially immune?

But if that's the case, how come you remember everything clearly when both of you shared the power?

"How sick were you after that Mudbot mission?!" He asked impatiently.

"Api-"

"What's going on here?"

He turned to see Ice approaching them with that look that says 'I'm here to help put out whatever chaos Blaze had gotten himself into this time'.