Again

Chapter 19

"We have to split into two groups. One group should try to scout the village and the other should keep an eye out at the jungle. I'll be the communicator between the two groups." Solar said, looking at his exhausted allies.

After Blaze had managed to overpower Gempa and Thorn, Solar had demanded a tactical retreat.

Which Blaze thought was stupid since they obviously had the upper hand.

Then Gempa summoned two earth golems... something he has never done before- and had almost squashed Solar in the process.

So the fire manipulator had begrudgingly followed them back to the jungle to hide and camp-out, which led them to right now.

"Halilintar, Taufan, Yaya, and Fang. You guys scout the village." Solar instructed, "Ying, Gopal, Blaze, and Ice. Try to scout the woods. Keep an eye out for Gempa. Once you see him, do not engage. We first need to figure out where RevBot is. Once we manage to apprehend that robot, then we can fight them."

"I agree, RevBot should be dealt first. We can't have more of us turning into Reverse."  Halilintar said before wincing as he adjusted on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Taufan asked with obvious concern.

"I'm fine!" The other snapped, but everyone knew otherwise.

"I knew it! You did get hurt when Thorn smacked you with that huge vine!" Gopal pointed at him, looking a little smug, only to shrink back when the other gave him an intimidating glare.

Solar looked like he was thinking of something before speaking up, "Okay. Change of plans. Hali you'll be the communicator between the two groups instead. We can't have you in one of the groups where the chances of fighting is high."

"What?! I'm fine! You can't bench me out like this! I'd understand if it had been Blaze-"

"Hey!"

"Shut up! This whole mess all started because of you!" Hali scowled at Blaze who in turn, bristled in anger.

"That's enough!" Solar hissed, "Are you guys trying to give away our location?!"

"Whatever."

"Hmpf!"

Solar sighed, "Look. No one is getting benched. Being the communicator is just as important as scouting out for Thorn and Gempa. We just can't risk-"

"I'm not risking anything! I swear, I'm fine." Halilintar said through gritted teeth, "I know you need someone fast that's why you have Ying and I in seperate groups. I can do my job and beat the hell out of them if they try to one up us."

Solar frowned, obviously not convinced. But he could see how the older septuplet seemed to have his mind made up, so he sighed in defeat.

"Alright." He ignored how Blaze's eyes narrowed at him, "We stick to the original set-up then."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Pain...

Pain..

Pain.

The moment Blaze was pulled back to the realms of consciousness, all he could feel was the never-ending agony that writhed inside him. On the outside he felt cold as his skin burned from a fever, but his insides were on fire- it felt like his organs were being cooked or something!