Solar

Chapter 23

Solar watched Yaya practice her powers with immense precision.

Trying to pick up a hidden stone behind a larger rock.

Gently swaying a single leaf from a tree that was at least twenty feet away from them.

Stealing Gopal's biscuit as he was about to take a bite from it.

Her face was that of full concentration and determination. She was obviously still remembering her failure at catching Halilintar. She believes she couldn't afford any more mistakes.

And she was right.

Their next plan relied heavily on her.

Solar knew that they were overpowered even if they outnumbered the enemies. The fact that Gempa knew all their tactics and would use it against them while their other brothers would be willing to attack them with everything they got, not at all afraid or concerned of hurting them.

It made them unstoppable.

So, they must cut off that single source of power.

They must steal the power watches under their noses.

"You're going to have to yank it as hard as you can." Ice explained to Yaya as he let her analyze the power watch he wore, "Trying to take it off is too complicated. You don't really have telekinesis to do that. So, you'll just have to rip it off as hard as you can. The band is thin enough to break with heavy force."

"What if I accidentally hurt them?"

"Better a fractured wrist than all of us turning reverse." Solar said darkly, "Once our brothers are turned back, they'll understand."

He winced at seeing the devastated look on his friend before eventually morphing into reluctant understanding.

They had no choice on the matter.

He turned, planning to scout the area one more time when he noticed a certain hot-head brother of theirs was missing.

For a moment, he panicked. Thinking he was taken right under their noses while they weren't looking, when he caught sight of a black cap behind one of the large rocks Fang was leaning against as well. He approached the two, about to berate Blaze when Fang held up a finger to his mouth and whispered.

"He's sleeping."

And true enough, the fire manipulator was knocked out next to his friend's side.

A spike of annoyance flared in Solar. Here they were doing their best training and planning to get their brothers back, and Blaze was just snoring away without a care.

"You're making that face again." Fang suddenly said.

"What?"

"He's tired. Don't tell me you're actually angry at him for needing a nap."

"We're all tired." Solar huffed and crossed his arms, "And all of us are still working our butts off trying to fix this mess."

 A mess that he started. He left that part unsaid, but the alien seem to catch the hint and sighed.

"You're forgetting he recently had to fight off Thorn and Gempa to help us escape."

"And I was almost squashed after that and then, we had to fight off Gempa again not just too long ago."