Impostor

Chapter 32

Blaze couldn't stop staring at Ice who was busy helping him pack his things. 

He then looked away, wanting to push down the dreaded memories and horrible feeling of failure.

Today was the day he had been allowed to be discharged from the hospital after a whole week of observation.

Throughout that week, he discovered he had been put on probation for aiding Adudu & Probe's escape and had his watch confiscated.

Which was a new development considering last time, that had never happened.

(Guess he'll try to find some way to get his watch back.)

Blaze then found himself sitting on the bed once more as his muscles started aching from exertion. He can't help but blame the Physical Therapy he had to go through.

Being in a coma for a whole month apparently led to some muscle waste. Thus, the need to do some annoying exercises like re-learning how to walk or something equally stupid as that.

Though his doctors were happy to remind him how lucky he was that he did not had any other dangerous complications like contractures and other stupid medical terms he did not bother to remember.

"Api?"

He snapped back to reality as soon as Ice placed his duffel bag beside him.

"What?"

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly, which ticked him off. This annoying need for them to treat him like some sort of fragile glass was starting to get on his nerves.

"I'm fine!" He scowled, "Would you quit asking that?!"

Ice didn't even flinch at the outburst and calmly zipped the bag close, "Alright, I'm sorry. I'm just making sure you're okay."

He huffed and hefted the bag over his shoulder. He couldn't help but be annoyed that he found it a little too heavy when it was just full of clothes and some toiletries.

"Here. Let me-"

"No! I can carry it!" 

"Api, you're going out in a wheelchair anyway."

"I can walk just fine!"

"Api, just-"

"Alright, what's with all the ruckus here?" An annoyed Halilintar entered the room while wheeling in a wheelchair.

"I'm not sitting on that thing!" Blaze glared at the offending assistive device, "I have legs and as you can see, they're working perfectly! So put that thing back where it came from or I'll burn-"

He cut himself off as he realized he still didn't have his power watch at that moment. He looked up at Halilintar who just stared back at him with a raised eyebrow.

He frowned deeper.

"You were saying?" His brother huffed in exasperation, "Now stop being difficult and just get on this thing."

"Or I could just walk out here right now." Blaze pointed out as he made his way to the door, only to be blocked by Hali.

"Petir, maybe we should just let him be." Ice tried to say, but the eldest septuplet ignored him.

"It's hospital policy, Api." He said firmly. Not at all intimidated by the other's murderous glare, "You're not proving anyone anything. This is just to protect the hospital from a slip-and-fall liability."

"I'm not gonna slip and fall!"

"Neither was the guy who just broke a finger, but he let the nurse wheel him out anyway." His brother retorted impatiently, "So get your butt on this seat or so help me I'll have to tie you to this wheelchair!"