Escape

Chapter 28

"ADUDU!"

Blaze's shouts echoed through the hollow hide out of the alien. He had had enough waiting for nothing.

He couldn't stay in that room for one more second until he had that power sphere locked up!

"COME OUT RIGHT NOW, OR I'LL BURN EVERYTHING!"

He had thought about it while he wasted away in his room... that maybe he could just go along with the timeline until that moment came that they actually faced the power sphere and be more prepared for it.

That this time, he wouldn't distract Gempa.

That this time, he'll go along for a whole year just to make sure that everything stayed right on track and he'd be more prepared for everything.

Then he backtracked.

A whole year.

A whole year of agonizing over their possible end.

A whole year of having to make sure that his brothers won't try going behind his back.

A whole year of trying to pretend that everything was fine and dandy when there's a misguided robot out there terrorizing a village by making them turn against each other.

He never really minded them in the previous timeline.

He had been too caught up over his own misery that he completely forgot about the Rhadamians.

Though in his defense, he hadn't realized that the power sphere had been in that planet for more over than a year.

The more reason that he needed to remove it from there.

So, before he knew it, he had snuck out the house just as he heard Halilintar retreated in his room and passed a dozing Taufan by the kitchen.

He couldn't ask Fang for help, not when there were too many things to explain. And of course he couldn't risk his brothers anymore as well.

Blaze had to get to that garbage dump site.

He knew there was only one way to end all of this and it was to set aside his anger over a certain green alien and ask for his help once more.

And this time, he was going to make sure he cooperates.

"ADUDU!" His voice bounced over the walls of wires, and flames burst from his fists. He turned to the huge computer in front of him, hand hovering- as he thought about smashing it...

...only for the fire to dissipate.

With a deep breath, he looked up.

"I'll give you my power watch."

Silence.

"Help me capture RevBot. And I'll hand over my power watch to you!" He yelled, his voice straining with an edge of desperation, "Isn't that what you wanted?! To have power?!"

It was a sacrifice he was willing to make.

He had said it before- that he'd do anything for this nightmare to end.

Even if it meant permanently removing his position from TAPOPS and not be able to fight alongside with his brothers anymore.

He could feel the tears well up in his eyes when there was no answer.

This couldn't be the end.

He can't live like this anymore-

"Argh! FINE! Quit crying like a baby! You're making me feel like the bigger jerk here."