Limit

Chapter 22

"I'm so sorry! I should've caught him! But Gempa blocked me and I-" Yaya sobbed in her hands while Ying rubbed her back in comfort.

"Don't beat yourself up, Yaya." Ice then sat next to her, "In a way... I think it would've been for the best that Gempa took Halilintar."

"His injuries were severe." Fang spoke up as he crossed his arms, "And Thorn is with them. By some twisted fate, he'll be saved. And at least he'll be okay. Gempa needs us to be in perfect shape to do his bidding."

Blaze watched the whole exchange in silence, clenching his fists tightly against his side.

They had received a distressed call from Solar to regroup immediately when they had been trying to scout out for Thorn. Everyone was horrified when they realized Taufan had been turned to Reverse and Hali had been taken away before anyone could try and save him.

Blaze felt the familiar rage boil over, but guilt also covered the need to punch the nearest thing to him when he realized none of this would've happened if Gempa haven't been shot in the first place.

"This is all my fault."

Blaze stiffened and turned to see Solar emerging from the line of trees while staring at him with a blank look.

"Everything that happened. It's because of me."

"What...?" Blaze shook his head, "Solar, I-"

"If I haven't pushed Gempa to let you join in on this mission. This wouldn't have happened." And Blaze felt like a fire being doused by ice cold water as he realized what the other was trying to say, "I shouldn't have trusted you."

.

.

.

.

.

Blaze barged into the meeting room, completely interrupting his brothers and friends who were obviously in the middle of a deep and serious discussion.

"Blaze! What are you-" Gempa approached him but he side-stepped the other and went straight for Solar who put down the tablet he had been holding.

"What did you do to my watch?!"

"Did you actually use your powers when Gempa specifically told you thirty minutes ago not to?" Solar deadpanned, not at all fazed by his fury.

"I was just making sure that it was working!" Blaze countered, face burning at getting caught, "But that's not the issue here right now! Why are my flames weak?!"

Solar hesitated and stared at the others before looking back at him, "Do you really want to discuss about this right now?"

"The stupid mission can wait!"

"How did you know we were talking about a new mission?"

"Err- I mean-" And just like that his anger was forgotten as he scrambled to try and make up another excuse while Solar's face melted into exasperation, "Stop answering me with questions and answer me, nerd!"

"You know what, it doesn't even matter." His brother said before he could retort again, "Just go sit over there and try listening about this new mission Captain gave us. And if you manage to behave, we can talk about your power watch."

"Hey! Don't treat me like a toddler!" And just like that he was being dragged back by Thorn into the empty seat next to him.

Solar then took the tablet once more while the others snickered as he crossed his arms grumpily. He was about to snark at them when he felt Gempa ruffle his hair as he passed by and all the fight in him just left.