Chapter 11

Chapter 11: He's Dead

    A sense of coolness rose from the bottom of his heart and Lin Xi looked at the moist soil for a long time.

    "Who? Who's there?" Suddenly, a soldier's questioning voice came from the bonfire.

    Lin Xi didn't respond, he silently covered up the traces, turned over and dodged into the shadow of the dunes like a vigorous cheetah.

    The soldiers who came after him soon lost sight of him.

    They looked at each other in shock, and found that they couldn't even see what the other party looked like. The shadow under the moonlight that they had just noticed seemed to be just an illusion.

    Lin Xi didn't look back, he took advantage of the darkness to get back to Mu Yechen's tent, returned to the camp bed, and covered himself with the quilt.

    He started to doze off.

    After a while, footsteps came from outside the tent.

    "Commander." The soldier guarding the gate saluted respectfully.

    "Is he inside?"

    "Yes."

    "Is he there all the time?"

    "He hasn't gone outside since the night cooled down..."

    Footsteps came from far and near to the marching bed.

    A shadow covered the light and cast on Lin Xi's pillow.

    After five years, Lin Xi has become accustomed to disguise. He fell asleep peacefully, his breath light and steady, as if he was facing the cameras and monitors in the laboratory.

    Mu Yechen watched it silently for a while then leaned over to pick up the quilt that was hanging on the ground, and flatten it over Lin Xi's chest.

    When the bedding was finished, the footsteps sounded again and the commander got up and left.

    "Tou, how is it? Have you found any clues?"

    "He's already asleep."

    "Since Tou and Cang Jie both suspect him, why don't we wake him up and ask?"

    "Forget it. He just fell ill, let him rest first."

    The footsteps returned from the road gradually drifting away and reintegrated into the patrol of the camp.

    Lin Xi opened her eyes, staring blankly with icy cold eyes and closed them again.

    In the early morning of the second day, he received a notice from the other side to withdraw the camp.

    "Didn't you take a two-day break before leaving?" Lin Xi's voice was soft.

    He grabbed the officers nearby and asked.

      "Is the storm over?"

      "How can it be so fast." It was Luo Xiaowei, "Something happened in the camp last night. The boss ordered to pull out the camp today and change the position first."

    "?" Lin Xi was stunned for a while, looking a little puzzled.

    His confused look is also very good-looking, Luo Xiaowei felt that his heart softened suddenly and he patiently said: "Last night, the soldiers found vulture eggs in the camp. There were dozens of them in a row. For safety reasons, Let's avoid this group of aliens first."

    After Lin Xi successfully sneaked away last night, the soldiers were still searching for the whereabouts of suspicious figures, but they searched the camp for a long time and found no suspects. Instead, they found bird eggs at the east side of the camp.