Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Heteroblast

The man found him all of a sudden.

"Number 01?" He looked at him from the inside of the glass window, his face was dazzling.

Lin Xi suddenly felt that he already belonged to the darkness and subconsciously wanted to avoid him.

But the other party turned out of the monitoring room, he looked at him with a hint of surprise in his eyes.

"Are you Lin Xi?" He was curious and unfamiliar but his tone was as familiar as it was two years ago.

At that time, he was still asking him if he had cried.

Memories are difficult to remove from the second wash.

And now, what is unforgettable in his mind is every time this young man has spent with him.

But this time, there was no more terrifying bullet hole on the boy's forehead.

He looked down along Lin Xi's face, saw Lin Xi's dark training uniform and also saw the wet blood of the training uniform.

"Are you injured?" He was surprised, and reached out to check the wound again.

Lin Xi was startled and before the other party approached, he took a step back in a panic.

"Don't come!" he cried.

The boy was stunned for a moment, his hand trying to check the injury was awkward in the air.

Lin Xi ignored it, he turned around and turned his back to him completely.

Time passed little by little, Lin Xi's brain was vacant for a full minute.

A minute later, he stiffened up again and looked up at the monitors in the hallway facing them.

"I-I... I'm fine, I have heteroblast and can be reborn indefinitely." He slowly organized and recovered his language.

The monitor's probe illuminated them clearly, emitting a red running light.

Lin Xi turned pale and finally heard his calm voice.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"My surname is Mu, my name is Mu Yechen."

Lin Xi twitched the corners of his mouth and smiled.

The boy then introduced: "I am a mutant. It has been two years since I became the second generation but I have not been able to use the ability of heteroblast. My father said that you can use the ability and let me learn from you."

Lin Xi lowered his head: "Who is your father?"

"My father is Dr. Mu from the laboratory."

Lin Xi didn't speak any more, he just nodded and remained silent as usual, indicating that he understood.

Mu Yechen wanted to say more but Lin Xi acted as if no one was allowed to enter. He just stood motionless outside the room and kept a distance from him, refusing all his enthusiasm.

He felt a little uncomfortable in his heart and was afraid of delaying Lin Xi's treatment, so he had to talk a few words embarrassingly and stumbled out of the monitoring room.

Lin Xi just returned to his room. He was wearing his clothes and lying on the only bed in the monitoring room, staring at the white light on the ceiling all night.

On the second day, Mu Yechen came again.

This time he also brought bandages, gauze and some dressings for the wound.