Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Betrayal

    Gu Yang was stunned, he wanted to take Lin Xi to leave but the other party had already turned around and returned to the way they came from, slowly with a cane.

    The back was hunched but he was absolutely firm.

    Gu Yang suddenly had an unknown premonition in his heart, making him feel that if Lin Xi was allowed to leave at this time, they might never have the chance to meet again from now on.

    But Lin Xi was the executioner, and he couldn't beat him either.

    "Xiaobai!" He hurriedly shouted behind Lin Xi, "You must come out, I'll wait for you outside!"

    Lin Xi turned back and smiled softly.

    This smile is like a white plum blossoming on dead branches in the middle of winter.

    "He is also waiting for you to come back!" Gu Yang shouted again.

    Lin Xi nodded, his figure moved forward firmly and finally disappeared at the corner of the vent.

    Gu Yang watched Lin Xi leave, then calmed himself down and jumped from the vent.

    At this time, the snow had thickly annihilated his knees. He walked with difficulty step by step until he walked for nearly a mile and finally saw several camps standing in the white world.

    There were people moving around in the barracks.

    Gu Yang stared at the patrolling soldiers and finally found a familiar figure.

    "Brother Cang!" he shouted in a trembling voice.

    "Xiaoyang?" Luo Xiaowei and Cang Jie greeted them from the tent in surprise. When the latter saw Gu Yang, he was so excited that he hurriedly stepped forward and gave the soldier a bear hug.

    But the gun and live ammunition armed with him made Gu Yang feel pain.

    "Brother Cang, Brother Xiaowei, where are you going to fight again?" he asked hurriedly.

    According to normal times, the advance army is only so prepared when the aliens are fighting.

    But this time is different.

    "We plan to go to the laboratory to save you and Xiaobai."

    "Ah! Are you going to invade the laboratory?"

    "No, this is not a critical matter, it was our veterans who took the initiative to come here. "

    "Ah... Did something happen to the head? Why didn't he let the advance troops move with him?" Gu Yang was stunned and asked dumbly.

    Luo Xiaowei and Cang Jie looked at each other, they both looked at the dim sky in unison.

    The snow in the sky is still in the air. It hasn't stopped since the east city was invaded that day, leaving the whole other side lying quietly surrounded by white.

    Luo Xiaowei patted Gu Yang's shoulder with his hand.

    "Fool, do you know what it means to attack the laboratory?"

    Gu Yang didn't understand, he just looked at Luo Xiaowei in confusion.

    Luo Xiaowei sighed and suddenly pointed to the towering experimental tower ahead.

    "It's a sign of the other side." he said.

    The laboratory is the navigation mark for human beings to survive in the apocalypse. It has successfully created the second generation of mutants, leading the other side to walk out a path that can coexist between archaea and Xenogeneic species, so that human beings can survive in this apocalypse for a while.