Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Sources of Infection

    Lin Xi stayed in Dongcheng.

    Cang Jie's wife, Lu Wan, was a normal human who had not been infected by archaea.

    Five years ago, after Cang Jie was recruited by the laboratory to become a mutant of the second generation, she used surgery to remove her uterus and escaped the Dongcheng New Human Creation Project.

    They have two boys, the older boy is seven years old and the younger boy is five years old. These two children are still in the stage of human young children but they have already been entered into the candidate list of the third generation mutants, waiting for the recruitment and dispatch of the laboratory at any time.

    However, this cruel environment did not cause too much trouble for the children.

    Da Cang and Xiao Cang are still immature, they still play around every day, laughing and playing. They think that Lin Xi is too good-looking.

    After this uncle Bai woke up, they actually played with Lin Xi a few times without being afraid of the aliens. As the time passes, they actually got close to the legendary executioner.

    Lin Xi didn't refuse, and seemed to be much kinder than usual in dealing with children.

    After he woke up, he had nothing to do except to help Lu Wan with housework and most of them were helping Cang Jie with the baby.

    With three meals a day, food, clothing, housing and transportation, the executioner simply spent a week in the city where humans live.

    But there are also surprises.

    By chance, Lin Xi discovered that two children were playing with green flocculent objects.

    "Ah! What is this, it's fun!"

    "It's fun, isn't it? This thing is interesting, you see, put it on this dead grass..."

    "Wow, this grass grows so fast. Brother, you see it's blooming!"

    The children squatted outside the fence, fiddling with the liquid with the stones and had a lot of fun.

    In addition to Da Cang and Xiao Cang, there is also a little girl in a floral dress.

    Lin Xi was stunned for a moment. He stepped forward almost instantly, kicked away the stones that the three children had played with and pulled Da Cang and Xiao Cang away.

    "You're playing with archaea?" he asked.

    "Ah... it's an archaea?" Da Cang and Xiao Cang also asked.

    The children did not know what was in front of them, there were surprises and panic in their eyes.

    Everyone living in the city knows that archaea is the nemesis of human beings. Dongcheng, as a city where normal human beings live, is strictly prohibited from entering the habitat of human beings.

    As if to confirm Uncle Bai's words, the subtilis infected with the archaea on the ground grew and blossomed, soon bearing fruit, then the fruit cracked. A large amount of green liquid flowed out like pus, soaking the entire branch.

    The branches trembled desperately but after a while, it failed to evolve and withered back into a pool of sticky green water.

    All this happened in just a few minutes.

    The children were terrified.

    Lin Xi sank his eyes and took the opportunity to ask.

    "Where did you find it?"