Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Memories

    The siege of Dongcheng lasted for three days and three nights.

    This siege came fiercely, the advance troops and defenders that was originally stationed at the gate of the city suffered heavy casualties.

    However, Commander Mu Yechen still led the mutants under his command to organize a team to fight fiercely with the wolves in Mundal Mountain.

    Without the command of the leader, the herds became disorganized. The advance troop carried out in the city and finally drove out all the alien species in the east city, winning a preliminary victory.

    Three days later, the other side disinfected the city with archaea and re-construct the broken walls.

    Half a month later, the humans in the refuge finally saw the light of day.

    However, when the people in the shelter were bustling back into the city, Mu Yechen didn't see the white-haired youth who endured loneliness in the crowd.

    After he fought with the wolf that day, Lin Xi lost contact with him.

    Not only Lin Xi disappeared but also Gu Yang who was with Lin Xi also disappeared.

    The wind and snow buried their traces and Mu Yechen only found a missing Phoenix fire.

    He stood blankly in the snow looking at the gun, only to feel his chest ripped open. The wind and snow kept pouring in, the temperature in his heart felt like it dropped to zero.

    Mu Yechen's heart trembled, and a memory that he had never had before suddenly appeared in his mind.

    In his memory, it was also the ruins where the beast swarms had dispersed. He hurriedly pushed aside the dense crowd at the gate of the East City snd saw the convergence team carrying out stretchers from the corpse pile.

    On the stretcher lay a bloody man, with his eyes closed, only a bloody left hand fell silently.

    His only limbs were his left hand.

    Mu Yechen had a splitting headache, he felt his heart broken, he quickly rushed forward and called the man's name.

    But he didn't make any sound in the end.

    His memory stopped here.

    However, the title of "Savior" did not stop.

    "He is Commander Mu."

    "It was the Savior who saved us."

    Mu Yechen's face was pale, he looked around the crowd and took a step back in fear.

    ... He found that he couldn't save Lin Xi.

    This year, before the winter solstice came along with the tide of the siege of Dongcheng, there was also the falling snow.

    The green wolf of Mundel Mountain temporarily withdraws from the human territory but Beiwo still lingers in the plateau nearby.

    The wind and snow did not dissipate, they got bigger, shrouding the other side in snow-white.

    Mu Yechen was called to the central part of the command room. He entered the experimental tower and participated in the regular meeting of the five districts presided over by the leader.

    "The beast tide is still nearby."

    Dr. Ameka mobilized the atmospheric image and analyzed the flowing weather map for the district administrators and commanders.