The Pollywog: S2E3

He/him pronouns this chapter

Written 7/19-20/22

Y/n pov•

"Rise and shine.", I opened my eyes to see my dad at the doorway. "So that's it, huh? You're still not talking.", Hopper said after Eleven moved to face the wall. "Alright. I guess I'm just gonna have to, uh... enjoy this triple decker Eggo extravaganza on my own.", my dad walked out and I jumped up and ran to the table. "How was your sleep, dream about anything?", my dad asked. "No.", I replied, obviously lying.

•flashback•

"Why do you favor me over the other children, Peter?", I asked my only idol in this stupid lab. "Because I sense power in you, Y/n. You could be more powerful than anyone, even 001.", Peter smiled. "001?", I looked up at him. "Yes. He was real. And just like you.", Peter smiled. "Really?", I grinned. "Yes.", he answered, "Now, let's practice your Russian.". "Am I even Russian?", I asked. "I'm not sure. But you were born and raised in this lab. In Hawkins.", Peter nodded. "Hawkins? Like the bird?", I asked. "I guess.", he slightly shrugged, "Now, Как дела?(How are you?)". "У меня всё отлично, спасибо.(I'm doing fine, thank you.)", I grin. "Xороший.(Good)", Peter says with a odd smile.

"Hello? Earth to Y/n?", my dad waved his hand in front of me. "Y-yea. I slept good, great, even.", I cut into my eggo with an a fake smile. Hopper looked at me weird and Eleven sat down with us. We started to eat our eggos, and my dad grunted whilst cutting into his, I mean, the eggo extravaganza was pretty thick. Eleven was in a mood and I guess my dad was trying to get her to talk. "Mmm! Good, right? Know the great thing about it? It's only 8,000 calories.", Hopper eat his eggo while Eleven just stared at him. My dad looked back at her and sniffled. I guess he saw the tv cord and assumed the obvious, "You visited him again last night?". Eleven just looked at him, then away. "He says he needs me.", she stared at her waffle. "You want me to go check on him?", Hopper asked but Eleven shook her head. "I know that you miss him, all right? But it's too dangerous. You're the last thing he needs right now. You're gonna see him. Soon.", that might set her off, "And not just in that head of yours. You're gonna see him in real life. I feel like I'm making progress with these people.", Hopper explained. Eleven leaned in,"Friends don't lie.". Ok well now I know she pissed. "What?", Hopper asked. "It's her saying. They used it all the ti-", I got cut off. "You say "soon" on day 21. You say "soon" on day 205. You now say "soon" on day 326?", Eleven angrily said. "What is this? You're counting the days now like you're some kind of prisoner?", I could see that my dad was trying to stay calm. "She goes through my diary sometimes. She's pretty good with math so she coun-", and again, I got cut off. "When is "soon"?", I had a feeling that Eleven was going to use her powers. ""Soon" is when... it's not dangerous anymore.", my dad mumbled. "When?", Eleven asked. "I don't know.", Hopper looked at the ground.
"On day 500?"
"I don't know."
"On day 600?"
"I don't know."
"Day 700? On day 800?"
"No!"
"I need to see him. Tell me!"
"I said I-"
And with that, Eleven flicked her head up and everything got onto my dads shirt, "Oh! Shit! Shit!". "Why'd you do that?", I looked at Eleven and she stood up, "Friends don't lie.". I wanted to run after her but wanted to make sure dads ok, "Are yo-", I got cut off, ONCE MORE. "No, Y/n! I'm not ok! Go to your room!", Hopper kicked the table and I jumped back. I tried to open the door but Eleven was forcing it shut. "Eleven... let me in.", I loudly say. She didn't answer. I started to lose my mind, first, I miss Will with my entire heart, second, my dad screams at me, third, my sister won't let me in my damn room. "Eleven... open... the damn... door", no answer. I shake my hands, like I always do if I'm upset, and try to calm down. "Happy memories, happy memories.", I mumble to myself.

•flashback•

Will smiles, "Your life's pretty awesome. I mean, you can turn into anything you want, and then you have the force! It's amazing!". I laugh, "Yea, I mean, I was born with the ability to learn any power, and I liked shape shifting and telekinesis, the force, as you call it. But I had to learn my powers. Hell, maybe you were born with the ability.". He looks at the ground and then back at me, "You know, you're the first person I've really REALLY connected with.". I touched his hand, "You're the first true person I've been friends with.". I felt some sort of feeling in my stomach, and the urge to move closer to Will. I saw him scooting towards me and I do the same for him. I see him lean in and I slowly as well. I've read about this, a book Peter got me. I forgot the name, but it was about two lovers, completely different than the other. One had the power to shift into animals, and the other was normal. Sorta like Will and me. The kiss was detailed, and I remember reading with the same feeling in my stomach as I have now. I felt the same butterflies as I did now. Back to what was now, I saw him close his eyes and I followed. I could hear him breathing and was about to move closer when we heard a noise. I whimpered and grabbed Wills hand in fear. He looked at me and I did as well. "I guess this'll have to wait.", I joked and he frowned.

•end of flashback•

"E-eleven... please.", I cried. I tried to open the door and it opened. I saw Eleven on the ground, trying to visit Mike. "You okay?", she asked. I shook my head no, "I-I miss him... so much... I really do... I can't stop thinking about him, i-it's he took over my mind, not really, but it feels like that. All I want to do is see him again.". Eleven sighed, "I miss Mike too. He has 'taken over my mind' aswell.". I smile, knowing I wasn't alone. I wonder if Will misses me too.

Eleven was staring at the tv and I was trying to sleep on the ground, like I normally do. She started to put her blindfold on. "Again?", I asked. She took off and threw her blindfold. She got up and started to walk around, I just watched. She started to stair at the locks, and unlocked them. "Eleven.", I got up and my sister continued to walk. "Eleven!", I tripped over one of my books. Eleven turned around and look at me and the house. I saw her walk over and look at the trap wire. "Not stupid.", she muttered. "Eleven! Eleven! Be reasonable. If you leave, Brenner will take you back.", I yell. She turns around, "His name is papa, Mr. Perfect."

Words: 1219