The Sauna Test: S3E4

No pronouns this chapter

Written 7/25/22

•Y/n pov•

Dustin and I were spying on shipment people. "What do you see?", I turn to him. "Nothing yet.", he shrugged, "Wait. They use a keycard to open the door.". "Ok.", I nod.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it.", Dustin said "But there's gotta be a way in.", Robin spoke. Dusting turned to me, "You shape shift, don't you?". I scoff at his question and turn into him, ""You shapeshift, don't you?.", then I turn back. "Well, you know, I could just take him out.", I laugh at Steve's statement. "Take who out?", Robin asked. "The Russian guard.", I laugh even more, "You? Knock someone out? No way José.". "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy.", Steve looks at me. "Or... I shift into the guard and take his keycard. Easy.". "Did you both not hear about the massive gun? If you shift into him he'll shoot you because he probably doesn't have someone identical to him in every single way. Plus, it's dangerous, Y/n.", Dustin looked concerned. "I can take him. I have powers. It's called shift into a bear or some shit.", I scoff. "Kid, your like 5 foot (sorry if your tall).", Steve looks at me and I scoff again, "Why the hell does that matter?". "You'd get tired easily.", Robin looks at me. "Bro, I don't get tired. It's called insomnia, I'm never tired. I can go 3 days without sleeping. Not healthy, but I can do it.", I cross my arms. "No, it's too dangerous.", Steve gets all protective and stuff with me. "Fine. Your loss.", I look at the ground. "And yes, I heard about the massive gun. That's why I, ME, would be sneaking.", he looked at me when he said the I part. "Ah. Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight?", Dustin asked and I knew the answer, no. "Okay, that was one time- Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?", Dustin said. "Listen, that doesn't count.", Steve says, i know that situation, I wouldn't count it either. "Why wouldn't it? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you.", Robin and I started laughing. Dustin and Steve started to argue and Robin looked out into the distance. "That just might work.", Robin got up and I followed her. She ran out into the front and grabbed the tips and ran off, I don't know where, but hopefully where she could get something useful. "Hey Robin! Hey, what- what are you doing?", Steve called out. "Well, half of that's mine. Where're you going?", Steve asked. "To find a way into that room. A safe way. And, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff.", Robin ran off. "That'll be hard for you, Stevie.", I laugh. "Shut up.", I look over to see Dustin licking the scooper. "Eww.", I gag. "Oh, dude. Come on, man, not my scooper.", Steve puts his scooper in his pocket.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorders Office. Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints.", Robin layed the map on the table. "Not bad.", Dustin looked at Robin. "So, this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get.", Robin pointed to an area I haven't seen before. "I mean, I don't really see a way in.", Steve look confused. "There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors.", Robin flipped the page. "Go through the vents!", I said with excitement. "Yes! Air ducts!", Dustin smiles. "Exactly. Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts lead all the way...", Robin starts drawing in the blue prints and circles an area, "Here.". We all look at the vent and we bring a ladder so we could open it.

Steve pulls the cover off, "Flashlight.". Dustin hands him the flashlight, "Thank you.". Steve starts to shine the flashlight into the vents. "Yeah, I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's, like... super tight.", Steve says. "That's what she said.", I laugh and Dustin rolls his eyes, "I'll fit.", I laugh again. "Trust me. No collar bones, remember?", Steve hands Dustin the flashlight. "Uh, excuse me?", Robin asked. Steve jumps down from the ladder, "Oh, he's, uh... Yeah, he's got some disease. Chry, uh... It's chrydo, um... Something. Yeah, I dunno. He's missing bones and stuff. He can bend like Gumbo.", Steve says. "You mean Gumby.", Robin corrects him. "I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo.", Steve says. "No it's Gumby.", I nod. "Just shut up and push me!", I hear Dustin say and I laugh at what position he's in. "Ok.", Steve turns to him, "I'll push ya.". Robin didn't look amused. "Not my feet, dumbass. Push my ass.", Dustin said and I laughed again. "What?", Steve asked, obviously not wanting to touch Dustin's butt. "Touch my butt! I don't care!", Dustin yells, "Come on! Harder! Push harder!". "I'm pushing!", Steve yells back. "You're playing with my legs.", Dustin says as Steve places his legs together. "I'm not playing, I have terrible footing.", Steve said and Robin shook her head. "Come on!", Dustin yells again. "I'm gonna just shove you, ready?", Steve asked. "Just shove me?", Dustin says and I smile. "One, two...", Steve tries to push Dustin in but it doesn't work. "Shit.", Dustin said and I sighed. "That's work?", Steve asked and I scoffed, "Yes, he moved, like, five feet!". Steve turned to me and gave me a death stare before turning back. "One more time.", Dustin says and I hear the bell ringing. "Ahoy, sailors! All hands on deck.", it was Erica Sinclair, "Ahoy! Come on.". Robin stared at her and I got an idea. "Get over here and serve me some samples.", I looked at Robin and she smiled.