E Pluribus Unum: S3E6

No pronouns this chapter

Written 7/28/22

•Y/n pov•

We ran to the elevator but it was taking way to long. "Stairs.", Mike said and we ran to the stairwell.
I was running up the stairs with everyone and I tripped. I fell face first and bashed my nose, "Ah, fuck!". Will grabbed my arm and started pulling me. "Why the hell am I so clumsy?", I asked myself and we heard a roar and Eleven ran to the room. She burst through the door and I saw this hideous globby monster thing and I gag. "Jesus.", Mike exclaimed. "What the f-", Max got cut off by another roar. "Is that the dead people?", I turned to my friends and non of the answer my question. The globby thing started crawling towards us and Eleven threw it to the wall, then to the other, then to the ceiling, then to the floor. It got up and started crawling towards us but Eleven screamed and threw it to the window. "Holy shit!", I yelled. "Go.", Eleven said and we ran to the stairs while Jonathan ran to Nancy.
We burst through the hospital doors and saw the globby thing all over the floor and crawling into the drain. "Guys I don't think we should let it do that.", I said but no one answered, again. "Fine then.", I sighed.

Eleven was in the void, as we call it, and I was waiting patiently, well, impatiently waiting for her to say something.
Blood dropped down her nose and static was playing in the background. I just stared at her, my head in my hands. I was backup. Maybe because I was stronger? Or, maybe I was too late to the party. Or, people thought I was lazy. OR, they think I'm weaker. I never really made it clear how strong I was. I just went with the flow, it's like that. I, personally believe, everything happens for a reason. And if I need to come through to save the day, I will. I'm not lazy, I just like to watch. I'm on the bench, and when a player in my position gets hurt, I play for them. Easy peezy lemon squeezey.

"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long.", I heard Mike say. I was sitting next to Eleven. "Why can't Y/n do it?", Mike asked and tried to look at me. "I don't know how.", half true, half false. I knew how, I just suck at it. "Mike, you need to relax.", Max stated, I agreed with her. "What if she gets brain damage or something?", Mike asked another question. "Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?", Lucas was kind of gullible. But so am I... sometimes. "No, it's not. He made it up.", Max to Lucas. "Well we don't know that yet.", I yelled. "Mike doesn't know what he's talking about.", Max seemed irritated, and I don't want to mess with a angry Max. She can be scary. "Oh, and you do?", Mike fought back. "No, I...", Max was cut off by Nancy speaking to someone on the phone, "Yes, from The Hawkins Post.". Voices were basically competing with each other for the loudest. That's were I drop out. To much noise and talking spikes my anxiety. I took out my cassette tape and headphones, connected them, put them over my ears, and played my favorite song. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

Half-past twelve
And I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone
How I hate to spend the evening on my own
Autumn winds
Blowing outside the window as I look around the room

"And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom
There's not a soul out there, no one to hear my prayer.", I hummed. I continued to listen until Eleven tapped on my shoulder, "I found them.". "Oh, sweet Jesus, you scared the shit out of me. Go tell 'em.", I got up and followed Eleven.
"I'm just trying to demonstrate how careless Max is with Elevens powers. I'm fact, how careless all of you are. You're treating her like some kind of machine when she's not a machine, and I don't want her to die looking for the flayed when they've obviously vanished off the face of the earth. So can we please just come up with a new plan because I love her and I can't lose her again."... Mike is in love with Eleven... I'm not gonna let him live this one down. Eleven and I walked out and the floor creaked, making everyone turn to us. "What's going on?", she asked. "Mike said he loves you.", I whispered but Eleven didn't hear me. "Nothing. Nothing.", Mike said. I looked at him with a 'really? You're serious?' Kind of face. "Just a family discussion.", Lucas spoke. "Oh.", After Eleven said that everyone went quiet. I hated awkward silences. "So... Eleven... who did we find.", I turned to Eleven. "We found... him.", she finished and I nodded. "Found who?", Nancy asked. Like Eleven always does... she didn't answer. I just shrugged and put on my head phones and layed down on the ground to take a nap. I haven't been sleeping well lately and gotta get some zzzs.