The Hellfire Club: S4E1

No pronouns this chapter

Written 8/3/22

•Y/n pov•

I've been living with Max for while. Her parents divorced, leaving her mom and Max alone, well, plus me. We moved to a trailer park, and I have to share a room with Max. It reminds me of my dads house... which was destroyed... but I'm (not) happy. I've been struggling with nightmares of the day Peter never got me. When I heard screaming and blood leaking under my door. When Brenner found me with blood all over him, me seeing dead body's when he dragged me out of my room.

"Y/n!", I felt my body shake uncontrollably, "Y/n!". I woke up in a cold sweat. Max was getting ready and I started to as well. I put on a white tank top and black jeans. I put my hair in a ponytail with two strands of hair hanging in front of my eyes.
"Kids? Are you ready?", I heard Maxs mom yell from outside. "Yea!", "Yep!", Max and I screamed. Max put her headphones on and I heard the music playing.

Once we reached school I hopped out and waited for Max. As I was waiting, I put my head phones on, I could still hear everyone. But I pretended I didn't. My new favorite song is:

(Sorry I accidentally put the wrong song name lol didn't notice that. It's Dancing Queen)
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the dancing queen

I walked off the school bus and walked with Max. Wrap up of the school year so far: I'm friends with Chrissy Cunningham. Surprising, I know. The mysterious girl who isolates and is socially awkward, friends with the most popular girl in the school. I'm still best friends with Dustin, Mike, but I'm not really friends with Lucas. He's all sportsy now. Sure, I'm friends with a sportsy girl, but not friends with the sportys Jason. I feel terrible saying this, but Jason's hit on me a few times. Same sentence times half the boys at school. No thank you. Nope. This piece of art is for Will Byers and Will Byers only.

I heard the guidance counselor calling Max and I just ran to the pep rally. As I entered I saw Dustin and Mike and ran over to them. They were talking about which of their girlfriends were better. "Where's Max?", Dustin screamed once he saw me. "She's coming.", I looked and saw Max coming up the stairs. "Speak of the devil.", I say once Max stands next to me. She shoot me a death glare and I shut up.
"Look, I'm not saying that my girlfriend is better than yours. It's just that Susie's, like, a certificates genius.", I'm so done with their conversation. Why are they comparing people... do better. "You do realized El saved the world twice, right?", I rolled my eyes and turn to Max, "I don't even know why I hang out with them.". She smiled but ignored me. "Great.", I sighed. I put on my headphones and just ignored everyone.

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for a place to go
Where they play the right music
Getting in the swing
You come to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music
Everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance
You are the dancing queen

I saw Lucas wave to us and Max look away. I don't even know why Max broke up with him. He's a nice guy, but shes spent all her time grieving about Billy. I get it. But she should distract herself. I write and call Will. And talk to the counselor. She should try it sometime.

Only listening to my music, I imagined one of the balloons malfunctioning and hitting Jason in the head. I saw one orange ballon and pulled it from the others and untied it, surprising, I know. I'm just built like that. I set it off and sure enough, it hit Jason in the head. I held I'm a giggle and wiped my nose. It was bleeding again, and it wasn't internal, so that's amazing. I felt Mike nudge me, "He was confessing his love for Chrissy, dude. Not cool.". I rolled my eyes and took off my headphones, "You know he hits on me, right?". Mike shrugged and I left my headphones off.
"You know... I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, "How much loss can one community take?". In dark days like this, we need something to believe in.". Fuck Jason. I've been practicing long distance telepathy. I close my eyes and think about Will. I picture him in a classroom. I picture him drawing on his paper.
And just like that, boom. I'm in his mind.