Dear Billy: S4E4

No pronouns this chapter

Written 813/22

•Y/n pov•

"It was here. Right here.", Max was on the edge of tears. "I saw it too.", I said, trying to stay calm. "A grandfather clock?", Nancy asks and Max and I nod. "They were calling her name. I don't understand how I heard it too.", my breath was still shaky from the terrifying moments that happened a few minutes before Nancy and Robin got to the school.

I could see Max struggling but I felt a splitting pain in my head. "Max.", I looked at Max as she turned around. Why am I hearing this too?

I start hearing a clock and Max walks out. "Max. You hear that, right?", "The clock.", "Yeah.". As we turn the corner. I see it. A fucking clock in the wall. Max walks closer and I don't. I stand there.

"It was so real.", Max said and I looked down, intertwining my fingers with each other. "And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up.", Max said. "It was like they were in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy.", Dustin explained and Max waited a few moments before turning around. "That's not even the bad part.", Max looked around at us and I nodded, showing I agreed with her.

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then...", Nancy started and Max finished, "And the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended.", Max explains. Robin looked up at Max and I, "Vecnas curse.". "Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so...", Max was now crying as I held in tears. I don't want to die, and I don't want my friend to die. Max lets out a final sigh, "... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow.".
I hear a nose in the distance and I get ready to use my power. "Stay here.", Steve says and grabs a lamp. I follow him, cause he knows damn well he can't take on four people at once, and I have powers so... makes sense, I guess.
We walk out into the halls, and I'm trailing behind Steve. It should be the opposite.
I see everyone else walk out and I walk in front of Steve, and he just pushes me back. I hear the noise again and footsteps coming towards us.
I see a figure run out and I lift my hand up, only to see Lucas. I let my hand fall as they all scream. "It's me!", Lucas yells as he puts his hands up. "Lucas?", Max asks. "It's me.", Lucas repeats. "Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?", Steve aggressively waved his lamp around. "I'm sorry.", Lucas apologized as he grabbed his back. "I could've taken you out with this lamp!", Steve says and I raise my eyebrow, like, bitch look at me. Your the man but I got the, I got the powers (hehehe). "Sorry, guys. Sorry.", Lucas was panting and we all just watched, "I was... I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second. Shit. We've got a code red.". "What?", Steve asks. "Dustin.", Lucas walks towards Dustin, "I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger.", Lucas waved his hands around. "All right. Yea, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now.", Dustin says and everyone looks at Max and me. More so Max. Vecna didn't say my name. But he did say how I'll find out about Peter and him telling me stuff.

We were hanging out in the Wheeler basement and I was laying on the floor thinking about if I'd be able to think of Will and travel to him, like travel to a person, not a place.
"Okay, be honest. Uh... you guys understand any of this?", Steve asks. "No.", Lucas answers. "Pretty straightforward.", Dustin says. "Oh, straightforward, really?", Steve looked at Dustin. "What's confusing to you?", Dustin asks, "So far, everyone Vecna had cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel, possible grandfather to Y/n, dude Nancy found. He's the only know survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him.", Dustin looks around. "That's assuming he was cursed, Henderson, which we don't even know. How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? It doesn't make sense.", Steve rubbed his head. "As far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it. The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predates the dinosaurs.", Dustin explained. "Dinosaurs? What are we-", Steve waved his arms around. "Okay, okay. But if a gate didn't exist in the '50s, how did Vecna get through?", Lucas asked. "And how's he getting through now?", Steve pointed to Dustin. "And why now?", Dustin rolled his eyes. "And why then? Just pops out in the '50s, kills one family, and he's like, "I'm good.". And poof, he just disappears. Just... gone? Only to return 30 years later and start killing some random teens? No I don't buy it. Straightforward, my ass. You know what, honestly, Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you.", Steve goes back to reading the paper. "Sorry.", Dustin apologized. "What of Vecna was a person? And he somehow got sucked into the Upside Down, and he has powers that he's using to get into minds? It could make sense.", I propose and put my head in my hands. Dustin sits up and I see him look at Max. She's been scribbling god knows what on those pieces of paper for as long as I can remember. "Anyone know what she's writing?", Dustin asks. I close my eyes and go into her mind. Letters for everyone she cares about. "She's writing letters. She thinks she's going to die.", I wipe the blood from my nose and continue thinking about Will and going to him. "Did she sleep?", Dustin asked. "I mean, would you?", I hear a door open and footsteps coming down the stairs and see Nancy and Robin. "Okay, so...", Robin and Nancy look at each other, "... we have a plan.".