The Nina Project: S4E5

No pronouns this chapter

Written 8/13/22

•Y/n pov•

My friends don't care about me.
It can't be true.
Will probably doesn't.
Hopper probably didn't.
Eleven doesn't.
No one does.
That's why they were screaming for Max and not me.
Only one of us.
Leaving me out.
I'm not apart of the friend group.
I was too late.

I jump out of the portal with Max.
My body was still on the ground so I just opened my eyes and took in a deep breath.
I see Max fall and everyone rushes towards her.

When they all go over there, I just walk away. No one notices until I'm gone. I need the space. Vencna is most likely right. He probably is.

I start to run, trying to get away as fast as possible.

Tears were rushing down my face.

No one cares.

You know what.

Fuck them.

I'm done.

I stop completely and close my eyes.

I hear footsteps rushing around and my name being called out.

My lip curled with anger and I opened my eyes. All I see is red.

I did the only logical thing.

I need to ask Will myself. If he cares about me. To see if he still loves me.

Even if he doesn't love me, I wouldn't kill him.

I would just understand.

So, I thought of Will. All of our happiest memories that I remember.

So I did.

When we met.

Our kiss.

Him opening up to me.

I closed my eyes and I calmed down.

Will.

Where was he.

I see desert.

Him with Mike, Jonathan, and another dude.

I felt a rush of air come over my body and then warmth.

I hear voices starting to talk but it's muffled.

"Okay. This is not the way it's supposed to go, okay? Oh man, oh man, oh man. Okay, this is so messed up. This is so messed up! This is so messed up! Okay. Dudes probably got, like, a family, kids, you know. All that shit. We gotta do to the cops with this. We gotta lay it all on 'em. Your superpowered girlfriend, bad government dudes, the Upside Down dimension planet thing-", The man started bud everyone yelled 'no' at the same time. "But... but listen! The bad government dudes are after your super girlfriend, right? Right? Okay. So maybe cops can help us find out where she is. They're gonna kill her, man. If they kill her, they're gonna kill us.", the new guy shook Mike. "Hey!", Jonathan yelled. "Actually, they might kill us before they kill her. I dunno, man.", I'm still surprised no one noticed me yet. I mean I am hiding behind a car. "Argyle!", Jonathan yelled. "Actually, I don't know what order they wanna go.", I guess the new guys name is Argyle. "Listen to me! Hey!", Jonathan yelled. "Went meeny miny moe... shoot a minor in the toe", Argyle yelled. "Argyle! Listen!", Jonathan yelled once again. "What?", Argyle asked. "Look, I think we can figure this out, okay? We just gotta open our minds.", Jonathan said. "Open our minds? That's an open grave in front of me, man! Open my mind? What are talking about?", Argyle waved his hands around. Jonathan walked over to him and grabbed his shoulders. "Listen. Hey, dude! Hey! Just relax, okay?", Argyle was starting to calm down. "Yeah.", Argyle agreed. "Why don't you just go to the van... and do you your thing, huh?", Jonathan asked. Argyle nodded, "Purple Palm Tree Delight.". "Right. Huh, eight.", Jonathan nodded. "It's all worn off.", Argyle chuckled. "It's all worn off.", Jonathan agreed. "I'm all emotional.", Sam here, sis. "You're emotional.", Jonathan agreed again. "Okay.", Argyle started heading to the car and I tucked my head in. I guess he saw me and stopped in his tracks.
"I think I found Nina.", I heard his whisper. "What?", Jonathan asked. "I just saw a girl behind the van.", fuck.
I heard everyone walk over and I tried to sneak away.
"Who are you?", they say as I run away. I slowly turn on my heels and wave to them once I turn around.