Flashbacks

No pronouns this chapter

Written 7/21/22

•Y/n pov•

"Y/n...", I heard a voice call my name. I turned around and saw the dreaded 002. "You'll pay, you bitch.", the boy I hated came next to me and I felt my breath become heavy. All my anger and abuse. "You wanna go? Bring it on.", I shook my hands and raised my arm. He laughed and I smiled. I closed my eyes and felt my legs grow longer, my body expand. I opened my eyes to a shocked look on 002 face. I shifted into a monster I've haven't seen before nor heard of. I roared and he tried to run. I quickly grabbed his leg and dragged him towards me, he was screaming and I felt a tinge of guilt. I threw him across the room and shifted back to myself. "If you come near me again. I will kill you.", and with that, I walked away.

"Y/n.", Peter came into my room. "002 is in the hospital. I would like to say good job.", he smiled. I grinned and looked at the camera, it was off. I stood up, "I kicked his butt! I shifted into something I've never even heard of! It was so cool!". Peter laughed, "Yes, it was. I am so proud of you, but I must tell you something... Y/n, I am your f-", someone cut him off. "Peter! What are you doing in here?", a guard asked. I smirked. I closed my eyes. And heard a voice pop into my head. "Of course Peters with-", I thought of a sentence. "I will go away and won't tell Martin about this.". I heard a voice, "I will go away and won't tell Martin about this.". I opened my eyes, my teeth showing, and the guard walking away. I turned to Peter and he watched the guard walk off, "Good job. Now rest. You have a big day ahead of you.". I smiled, placing my head on my pillow. I looked into the minds of the different people. 002 was thinking he was a failure, a boy was thinking about how cute I was? A bit suspicious, but ok. And a girl I hadn't met, was planning to kill me.
"Y/n, y/n, y/n. How dare she hurt my love. She will pay. She will d-", and suddenly, nothing. I tried to go into her mind again, but nothing came up. I tried again and again, but... nothing. I tried to go into the closes persons mind, it was Peters. He was... happy? Relieved? And... was thinking about protecting me. Also how the girl deserved it? I was confused. Why was he favoring me over anyone else? Why was he so worried. I guess its because my powers are better executed by me than the other kids with theirs. I tried to rest again but heard a guard scream. I sighed, guarantee that girl died. I heard shuffling and our doors locking shut. Yep, she died. Then I heard the tasers zapping. I heard someone scream in pain and I stood up. I shifted into a ant and crawled under my door to see the guards attacking people and a body on a stretcher. I crawled back into my room and shifted back. Peter killed someone for me. Blood on his hands to protect me.

•recent flashback•

"You know. Being here isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I mean, if you weren't here, it would suck.", I said. "It did. I never thought a human would show up. If you even count as one.", Will laughed and I playfully punched him. "Fuck you, Byers.", I looked him in the eyes and he kissed me. My first kiss. Never thought I would have one. Unless I actually was attracted to the assholes in the lab. Once we pulled away I leaned my forehead against his, "Man, I'm glad I got stuck here with you, loverboy.". He laughed, "Loverboy?". "You heard me.", I smiled. "Well, I'm glad you got stuck, too.", he kissed me again.
This boy is gonna make me fall in love.

Words: 683