Papa: S4E8

They/them pronouns this chapter

Written 8/17-18/22

•Y/n pov•

"Hey, guys. Um... I've gotta go back to Hawkins. There's a lot going on and I have to help them.", I say after a while. "And if you don't mind, right now would be a good time.", I sigh. "Really? You just got back!", Mike yelled. "I need to help them.", I gesture behind me. "Alright. I understand.", Jonathan sighs. "Thank you.", I smile.

I was hugging everyone and last but not least, Will.
I squeezed as hard as I could, but my flimsy arms weren't very strong, so I wasn't causing much damage.
"You better tell me whatever's going on every time something happens. Ok?", he asks. "Of course.", I reply.

I shook my hands and bounced. I thought of all my friends.

Dustin coming home:

Eleven was making them come into the hallway and Dustin grabbed something to defend himself with... hairspray...
I was trying so hard not to laugh and I didn't tell anyone he grabbed hairspray, a bit sociopathic but I wanted to see if someone would get sprayed.
"It's just a dream.", no it's not, "You're dreaming.", nope.

"Now.", mike whispers and they machines stopped . Dustin started to check them and we walked behind him with a 'Welcome Home Dustin.'. We blew our noise makers and Dustin screamed loudly and ended up spraying Lucas with the hairspray.

Trying to talk to Suzie:

Now, we were walking up a hill for Dustin, while it's burning out. But I gotta know, does Dusty actually have a girlfriend?
"Aren't we high enough?", Lucas asked, panting. "Cerebro works best at a hundred meters.", Dustin explained. "You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones.", Max said and I nodded. "Yeah, but Susie's Mormon.", Dustin was walking faster than I could even imagine myself doing. "Oh, shit. She doesn't have electricity?", No, they do, Lucas... I think. "Oh, that's the Amish.", Max said and I laughed. "What are Mormons?", Will asked. "Super religious white people.", Dustin yelled, "They have electronic and cars and stuff, but... since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve. It's all a bit. Shakespearean.". "Shakespearean?", Max asked. "I guess so.", I muttered. "Yeah. Like Romeo and Juliet.", Sure, Dusty. "Right.", Max said. "Star crossed lovers.", Dustin turned around. "I got it.", Max said and I laughed. "Hey, guys!", Mike yelled and we all turned around, "This is fun and all, but, uh...". "I have to go home.", Eleven said. "That's some bull.", I scoffed. "We're almost there.", Dustin motioned to the top of the hill. "Sorry, man. Curfew.", Mike said and I just started walking again. "Come on, let's go.", Mike was basically dragging Eleven. "Good luck.", my sister called four before turning. "Good luck not getting herpes!", I yelled. "Curfew at 4:00?", Dustin asked. "They're lying.", Lucas said. I can confirm. I thought 'friends don't lie'. "It's been like this all summer.", Will shook his head. "It's romantic.", Max shrugged. "It's gross.", Will said. "Watch it.", I turned to him. "It's bullshit.", Dustin said and I nodded. "I just got home. Well their loss, right? Onwards and upwards! Suzie awaits!", Dustin turned and started walking again. Lucas and Max sigh and then continue to walk. I look back and see Will standing there. He reaches his hand to the back of his neck. "Hey, are you ok?", I walk over to him. "Yea.", he nods and I raise my eyebrow, "You sure?""Well, I-", Will starts to say but Dustin yells, "Will, come one.". I reach for my boyfriends hand, "Cmon.". I start walking and he follows.

The D&D win:

She's shaking the dice. It feels like everything in the slowest and most dramatic montage ever.
And she rolls a... 20

"Crit hit!", Erica yells. I scream and hug Erica, "Dude that was awesome!". "What? What?", Eddie claps, "That's why we play!".

I felt the air surround me and then cold come over my body.