The Flayed: S3E5

No pronouns this chapter

Written 7/26/22

•Y/n pov•

"I found him.", Eleven said, I guess meaning Hopper. "Where is he?", Max asked. "Woods.", Eleven responded. "Woods?", "He's with... Wills mom.". "My-my mom?", Will asked and I was confused, why? I mean Hoppers the chief and all so he must go and investigate shit across the town, and I know Wills moms best friends with him and stuff, but why are they taking a long ass walk in the woods? "What are they doing?", Max shakes her head. "Ill... annoy.", Eleven responds, "They're going to Illannoy.". I hear knocking on the door, "Mike! Breakfast!". "Not now, mom!", Mike yells. He then turns back to Eleven, "Illinois? Illinois, like the state?". Eleven takes her blindfold off. "The state is Illinois?", Mike asks again. "Obviously.", I roll my eyes. "I-Illannoy.", Eleven stammers.

The girls were in the bathroom, fixing up Eleven. Everyone told me that Billy attacked us but I had no memory of what happened last night, I don't even remember how my leg snapped in half. I knew how to fix it, just shift into someone that isn't hurt, then shift back. Boom my leg shouldn't be snapped on half.
"Somethings not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Wills mom to Illinois? And Dustin's MIA, too? I mean, this can't be a coincidence.", I vaguely remember last night with Dustin. Something about a lab, Russians, starcourt. "What does it matter?", Lucas asked. "Exactly.". I was throwing this ball up and down and catching it, dropping it a lot, I don't have good hand coordination. "The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us.", Lucas said. "Up to us to do what exactly?", Mike asked. "Find Billy and stop him.", Lucas is spitting facts right now. "Okay, yeah, that's a really nice sentiment, but even if El and Y/n can find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?", Mike asked and I smile, "I attempt to beat the shit out of him. But I'm not killing him. I never have, and never will.". "No,", Will says, "Your leg snapped in half and he put El in a choke hold. He could've killed you.". I sigh, "But if i train and prepare and come up with a game plan, I could beat him.". "Or we could burn the shit out of him and make sure he doesn't escape this time.", Lucas said and I nodded my head in agreement, "Good idea. I knock him out, we burn him, Billy problem solved.". "Your not going near him.", Will said sternly. "Why. "Am I your pet?".", I laugh and wink at Mike who scoffs, "Whatever. But then what?". "Then we win.", Lucas says and I nod. "No, see, that's the problem. We don't. We don't win. We got the Mind Flayer out of Will before and he just came right back. We don't just have to stop Billy, we have to stop the Mind Flayer.", Mike finished his 'speech'. "I have an idea. Basically, I would get some sort of weapon, like, a knife. Teleport behind him, cut a slit, make it expand, bam. The Mind Flayers dead.", I clap my hands. "How in the hell do we do that?", Lucas ignored me and I got up and walked over to the girls, "Hey, ladies. The boys are being assholes so be careful.". "They always are. So, um, your leg. How did you, like, fix it?", Max tilted her head. "If I shift into someone who isn't hurt and change back, I heal for some unknown reason. I have no idea how but I somehow do it. Learned when I was little. Only works for major injuries. So like, fucked up eyes, broken bones, hands missing, shit like that.", I shrugged.
The boys were whispering about Eleven and him breaking up until Mike started to speak normal, "It's not my main concern.". Saving the world should be, Mike. "It's just a subconcern.", I look over to see Will and Mike arguing. "I though it was already over.", Will whispered but I could hear him. "It's not over, okay? We're just taking a break.", Mike shrugged. "She said she dumped your ass. That doesn't sound like a break.", Will said. "It wasn't! You guys do realize we can still hear everything you're saying, right?", Max asked and Eleven and I giggled. "Conspiring. I told you, they're conspiring.", Mike whispered and Will scoffed.
I heard a knock on the door, "Not now, mom!". "Mike, open the door.", Mike sister, Nancy, said. Mike ran up the stairs and opened the door. I looked to see Nancy and Jonathan looking back at me.