Brothers and Sisters

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

„Minato!" yelled Yumi. She was annoyed. Her younger brother was nowhere to be found and she had an important message for him. Being a Hokage he should be the first to learn about the disturbing news. „What is it?" asked a well-known voice. Yumi turned around in a second and  stood face to face with the Konoha s Yellow Flash. „Where the hell have you been? You re a Hokage, damn it, and you re never around." Yumi scolded. „Hey, stop that tirade and get to the point." Minato smirked. Yumi was usually a very calm person but unfortunately for him, Minato was one of the few people who could make her loose it. She snorted and rolled her eyes: Being the eldest child is a real bother. „ Well I thought that you might consider some of the news quite interesting." Yumi said, calmer now. She had just returned from a mission with her friend Kadae and they learned a lot about the other villages. She had her brother s full attention now. „Very well then, tell me what you know." He said dead serious. „There are disturbing rumours flying across every village. They are basically about the same thing." Yumi started. Minato cut in: „Rumours? I am disappointed Yumi, you were never the one who trusted these talks. I need verified facts." Yumi s brow furrowed. And what do you think am I going to give you? You dont even know the best part and you re already giving me lectures about bringing info? Know what brother? I aint telling you anything, if you re so wise and great then go find out for yourself." Yumi barked at him and turned to leave. Then a hand caught her shoulder and yanked her back. „I promise I will keep my mouth shut till you re finished." Said Minato hastily. „Sure, I d love to see that." She mocked. „Nevertheless. The rumours are about some suspicious disappearings and assassinations that have happened in every single village. If it is Kumo, Suna or the others. And all of these disturbing events are leading to one possible solution." Yumi ended. Minato looked thoughtful for a moment. „Let me guess, our neighbors are beginning to look for other lands to conquer." He grimaced angrily. Yumi nodded her agreement. „That s right." She said. „I have to pass this to our shinobi. Thanks for the warning. Take Ichiru and the other children and elders from here. They need to get to safety. That ll be your responsibility." commanded Minato. Ichiru was their third and youngest sibling, Yumi knew that at least one of them should stay with him, but she wanted to take part in the coming war. „Not so fast Minato. You aint gonna get rid of me that easily." She growled. „I will go to this war, you will need my skills." Yumi argumented. „As your Hokage I command you to take the children and elders to safety." Minato snapped angrily. „As my Hokage?! Are you listening to yourself? You of all people are the last one to tell me what to do. Or have you forgotten thanks to whom you became a Hokage?" she barked at him, her voice bitter. Minato looked away. „Now that this is settled, we need to make preparations. Because in a few days, we ll go to war." Finished Yumi and walked away.

Few days later _ Konoha camp

Minato looked up. He saw his sister making her way to him. They were in Konoha s main camp. The war has begun and it was time to think about the first assignements. „Brother." Yumi nodded her head. „Good you re here. I ve got a mission for you." He announced. „Let me hear it." Yumi said simply. „Okay, I need to know a few things about Kumogakure. It will be your task to learn whatever you can, whether it is strategies, their numbers or provisions. You ll have to gain their trust. The info you collect, you ll pass to Itachi who will always be around. You two will talk about the details and communication later. Is that clear?" explained Minato. „In one sentence: I will become Konohas  spy." Yumi simplified. Minato smirked: „Yes, that s the other way how to put it."