The Puppeteer

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

Yumi woke up with an annoying headache. She was lying in a what she recognised as medical tent. Thing was she didnt know how she ended up here. „You re up at last." Smirked Ay who was sitting by her bed. „How long has it been?" Yumi asked. „Well it s been 3 days already, I was beginning to worry." He answered. „And you? Are you ok?" Yumi asked suddenly worried. „My love if it werent for you I wouldnt be sitting here now. I am perfectly healthy thanks to you." Ay laughed quietly. Yumi sighed relieved. „Well, any news?" she asked curiously. „As a matter of fact there are some. Main is that you have a mission." Ay announced gravely. „Why so unhappy, if I have mission that means that the Raikage trusts me no?" Yumi frowned saying. „Who can tell? This mission is even more suicidal then the last one." Ay muttered angrily. „Tell me about it. I want to get it done." She begged. „You re to destroy a certain convoy, here s a map that show the place where you ll find it. It shouldnt be a difficult mission according to what my father said, but i dont believe it." Explained Ay carefuly. „Very well, I ll be off then." Yumi said as she was getting out of the bed. „Ah, ah, ah where do you think you re going?" he asked smirking. „On a mission?" Yumi asked hopefuly. „Without a goodbye, huh?" Ay asked acting hurt. „Oh, I would never do that." Yumi smiled softly. She then kissed him right on the lips. It was a long and passionet kiss, full of love but unfortunately it had to come to an end. Yumi pulled away after a long while and whispered: „This is not a farewell, I will come back from this mission." With these words she was gone. Ay waited for a while and then he went after her secretly. He needed to make sure that Yumi s promise will be fulfilled. In the meanwhile Yumi was nearing the place where she was supposed to find the convoy. It was a patch of land without any trees to hide in. The landscape was straight no rocks nothing, just grass everywhere. Then she spotted the convoy, it was huge to say it mildly. But noone was in the vicinity. No shinobi, except for those strange wooden forms Yumi couldnt quite identify. She soon took her mind off of those. Well Raikage was apparently right about the mission being easy, Yumi thought, which fool would leave something this huge and important unguarded in the middle of a meadow. Yumi was still a little sleepy and thus it wasnt suspicious to her. She slowly emerged from the forest and made her way to the said convoy. When she reached it she threw away all of her remaining caution. What could possibly go wrong, destroy it, and then go back to camp, as simple as that, Yumi though to herself. Boy, were it that easy. She leaned against one of those wooden forms, puppets, Yumi noticed when she looked at them closely, and thought about the best way to destroy this huge problem. She hasnt noticed the puppet she was leaning against suddenly moved a little. It was a small movement but it was a deadly one. An ugly looking dagger appeared from the puppets opened back and was slowly aiming for Yumis head. As it was nearing it s target Yumi suddenly saw it s shadow on the ground, she didnt hesitate and jumped away in a second. And it was about time too, a small hesitation and she would be dead, her reflexes saved her once again. Yumi looked around cautiously, the puppet must be controlled by someone. This convoy isnt as abandoned as it seemed, Yumi thought scanning the landscape around her. Suddenly a figure emerged from the forest, walking slowly in her direction. She couldnt see their face because it was in a dark shadow of a cloak they were wearing. The figure halted a few meters from her. Yumi was watching their every move, anticipating an attack but that never came. „Looking for me?" asked a honey voice. „Show yourself, I like to look into your face when we re speaking." Yumi said calmly. The cloak was lowered only to reveal a boyish face with red hair and hazel eyes. A light smirk was playing on his lips. „Who are you?" Yumi asked amazed that such a young shinobi can control the puppet from such a distance. „I could ask you the same question." He answered. „Oh please, just tell me who you are, this is ridicuolus." She hissed. „Akasuna no Sasori, if you must know it." He answered, slightly bowing, clearly ironical. „Akasuna, meaning you re from the hidden sand village." Yumi concluded. „Figured that out yourself did you?" he asked mockingly. „Yes, i did. Now what?" she asked calmly. Man, was this boy getting onto her nerves. „Now you die." He said matter of factly. „Is that so? Someone is confident." Laughed Yumi. Sasori slightly moved his fingers and Yumi escaped certain death again. This time another puppet attacked from a side. Yumi didnt realise that she was standing this close to the convoy and thus to his puppets. She jumped to a safe distance from them. Sasori smirked. „Still so confident?" he asked. Yumi glared at him, thinking. How the hell is she going to get out of this?