Meeting a long-forgotten Friend

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

Ay was so angry that he hasnt spoken a word to Yumi ever since the incident. What was more important, they were near Konoha now. The kunoichi was starting to be excited. She hasnt been home for so long. Many of her old friends might be gone. She was trying not to think about that much, because of Minato and the rumours of his death. Thankfuly Hige was a very nice distraction. He was good-looking there was no doubt about that and Yumi found him quite attractive. The feeling was mutual it seemed. They chatted all the way to the leaf village with Ay trailing behind them. Yumi loved the raikage, but seeing him kill mercilesly was a little too much for her right now. She thought that he was more than the simple brute he appeared to be. Doubts were starting to arise in her head though. Yumi was no longer sure that the raikage was good for her. Suddenly she saw a group of leaf ninjas approaching and......could that be?? Tsunade??? Yumi couldnt believe her eyes as the blonde haired woman was making her way towards her. Tsunade was Yumi s teacher, but that seemed like a lifetime ago. "What a surprise we have here. Who are you and what are you doing here?" asked Tsunade in a strong voice. "Lady Tsunade, you might not have recognised me but I am Yumi Namikaze your former student." Yumi said watching the blonde s reaction. Tsunade looked startled and she scanned Yumi with narrowed eyes. "You have changed a lot Yumi, but so has the hidden leaf village." she commented wistfuly. "And your companions?" Tsunade asked. "I am sure you recognise the raikage and this one here is Hige from the sound village." Yumi introduced slowly. "Very well then, we will escort you to Konoha and then we will talk." Tsunade motioned for Yumi to join her a the head of the collumn of ninjas and they made for the gates of the hidden leaf. As they entered Yumi was looking around in awe, not recognising her home. So man things have changed, just as Tsunade had said. Konoha seemed bigger and noisier than before. They ended up in Tsunade s office and sat down onto the chairs, all four of them. Tsunade started: "Maybe now you can tell me why you came back after all those years. We thought you dead." Her eyes gleamed when she said the last sentence. "I am here to learn the truth about my brother. Many rumours are out there and I wasnt sure what to believe." Yumi explained. Tsunade sighed and looked away for a few minutes. Silence settled over them. "Minato perished, along with Kuhina, his wife." Tsunade murmured sadly. Yumi stared at her, eyes wide, not wanting to believe her ears. "He-he cant be.....no, no that cant be true." her voice broke and tears started running down her cheeks. "How?" she managed. "We dont know exactly." Tsunade shook her head. "I am sorry." Yumi nodded biting her lip furiously. Her brother was dead, the last person she reall cared about was dead. Her life lost its meaning. What was she to do now? "There are other tidings as well. Hiruzen Sarutobi died and I was elected as Hokage." tsunade said quickly to change the subject. "Also, Minato s son is in the village." she added. That got Yumi s attention. Hi son....hmm, maybe she could help the boy somehow and if not, seeing him was something she yearned for. WHo knows, he might as well resemble Minato, or might not. Just out of curiousity. "the boy has no one left, his parents had both perished at his birth and he s been alone ever since." Tsunade explained. Not anymore, yumi thought, deciding.