Confusion, Confusion and.... more Confusion

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

Happy. That was the word best describing Yumi s feelings lately. She was living happily with Ay. There was only a small problem or rather mystery to solve......what happened to Minato? What happened to her brother? Yumi asked this question everyday, in her head of course, but still, she couldnt figure the answer she craved so much. Ay was doing everything he could to make her happy and it worked, yet the fear for her brother s life was greater then his attempts. One day she decided to see for herself. It wont be easy to sneak away unseen but it wont be impossible either. So when the night came and darkness shrouded Kumogakure in its shady cloth, Yumi slipped away from Ay s residence and divide unseen into the dark streets of the village. From corner to corner she moved on, seeking shadows and avoiding lights she made her way to the village gate, which was as she had expected, guarded. Considering her options she stood hidden from the eyes of everyone. She could just knock both of them unconscious and be done with it, on the other hand she didnt want to that, maybe because they were Ay s men or for another reason, nevertheless, she decided against it. As she was thinking anfd thinking she wasnt paying attention to her surroundings and then she felt someone s heavy hand fall upon her shoulder. "What the......" Yumi didnt finish the curse because the person turned her around and she came face to face with.......Ay. "Escaping again? Seriously?" he asked amused. "How did you know about this? I never told anyone and no one saw me when I was leaving the residence, so how come you are here?" Yumi asked confused. Ay smirked knowingly and replied: "Well, since you were behaving strangely these last couple of days I figured something was amiss. And you know what they say: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me thrice........so not gonna happen." Yumi had to laugh at that. She knew Ay cared about her a lot but this much?! It was nice to know. "Seriously now, where did you want to go, huh? And why not tell? I could have come with you." Ay asked confused. "Well I didnt want to bother you with my problems and also this is a family matter so there s no need of your assisstance." Yumi replied. Ay frowned but asked: "Really? I count myself as your family now so give me one good reason as to why my help wouldnt be needed wherever you were headed?" She looked at himwith a sad expression on her face: "Because I just wanted to make sure the rumours of my brother s death are true. And if not, I have to find him, I need to talk to him." She was close to tears Ay could tell, so he took her in his huge arms and held her gently against his broad chest. "You could have told me about this, I would have gone with you, I knew something was eating you but I didnt know it was your brother." He whispered to her. "It s not your fault, I just want to.....no I need to know if he is really dead." said Yumi through the tears. They stood there silently, she wrapped in his arms and he holding her close to him. FInally Yumi got herself together and said: "You will not change my mind, I will go to Konoha, not only because of Minato but also to seek out my youngest brother and take him with me, I left him alone when I should have been with him, I need to make up for it. He might be the only family I have left." Ay nodded: "I have no intention of persuading you otherwise, but I will let you go under one condition." He said and looked her in the eye. "And what is that?" Yumi asked uncertainly. "You ll let me come with you. I want to make sure you wont be hurt and that you will come back to me in one piece." Yumi smirked at his last remark. "Very well, with this settled we can start the journey." She said and Ay nodded. So together they passed through the front gate of Kumogakure, soon leaving the sleeping village behind them. Konoha awaited.