The only Certainty is Death

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

She found him lying face down on the forest foor. A pool of blood was forming underneath him. Too big for her liking. Yumi quickly ran to Ay s side. She hasnt realised that she had started to cry. „You-you have proven where yur loyality lies." Ay stammered. „Dont talk, you ll need all of your strength." Yumi soothed. „I wont make it, spare me the talk, without immidiate healing I am going to bleed to death." He whispered hoarsely. Yumi whimpered, it cant happen, she s just found the love of her life but he s dying. She wont let this happen, oh no, she wont. Yumi wasnt very good at healing jutsus but she has to try. „Who said you wont get any healing now?" she asked him annoyed. Ay didnt get the chance to reply. Yumi did the proper handsigns and put her hand gently on Ay s wound. Green light started to emanate from her hand but it was not enough, the wound wasnt healing quick enough. Yumi gritted her teeth in effort to strenghten the jutsu. She wont let him die, not now, not ever! With this thought she closed her eyes concentrating completely on her task. Suddenly a flash of green light hit the wound and it healed immidiately. Yumi was exhausted and fell from her kneeling position. It worked, was her last thought as she drifted off to the darkness. Ay on the other hand was wide awake now. He touched the place where his wound once was and there was...nothing, just smooth skin. Still weakened from the loss of blood he looked to the spot where Yumi was supposed to be kneeling and saw her lying on the ground unconscious. He gently lifted her up and carried her bridal style to the camp. This should be interesting, thought Itachi, watching Ay as he carried Yumi to the camp. Ay was slowly making his way to the medical tent. There he lowered Yumi gently on a bed and gave the order to the medics. Now, father should know about this, Ay thought as he was walking towards his father s tent. He entered and was greeted by a very annoyed Raikage. „Father I came to give you a report about our mission." Ay started. „Make it quick, I dont have mood for such talks." Raikage growled. „Well, we found the Hokage as planned but the assault wasnt as smooth. In fact it was a big catastophe. If not for Yumi I wouldnt be talking to you right now." Ay finished. This caught Raikage s attention at last and he looked at Ay with curiousity. „Explain yourself." He ordered. „Well, she saved me even though she is now exhausted and unconscious." Ay said. „That s enough, I believe we can trust her, given the circumstances. What do you think?" asked the Raikage with interest. Ay was taken aback by this. His father was never the one to ask opinions, from him in particular. „I believe she is true to our cause. Give her a mission and she will prove it again." Ay replied confidentaly. „Very well, I have a mission for her in fact. I need her to destroy a certain convoy with supplies. It s nothing too hard so I think she will manage alone." Concluded the Raikage. „Father she wont be well, better send someone with her, just to be sure." Ay  reasoned. But the Raikage was stubborn and after all Yumi was only a bonus to their forces, if they loose her then so be it, pity, true, but otherwise its nothing. „No, she will go alone, if she returns she will prove valuable for us. End of the discussion." Raikage finished, turning his back to Ay to signal him that he is dismissed. „Great." Muttered Ay as he was leaving his fathers tent. He and Yumi just got away from a deadly mission only to get Yumi sent on a more suicidal one. Thats what you call, from dirt to mud. There must be a way how to make sure she will survive it, Ay couldnt beawr to loose her now, when he owed her his life. He had no doubts about Yumi s loyality. His father on the other hand, had other opinion. Time to show him he is wrong. In Ay s head there was a plan slowly starting to form. A plan that could change Yumi s standing in the camp. Now is the time to put this plan in action, thought Ay with a small smirk playing on his lips.