Life of an Artist

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

There isnt much to be said about Yumi and Kadae s adventures after they left. In short, they became artists playing for anyone who paid them, and it was an easy life. No worries, no senseless wars and finally they found peace. When the news reached them though, everything changed. Playing in a kind of a tavern they were, when they heard the whispers. People were talking about the war s end, but that wasnt all. There were....rumours about the Hokage s death, about her Yumi s brother s death. This frightened her greatly and she knew that until these rumours are confirmed she wont rest. No man, no enemy, no obstacle will stop her in going back to Konoha and see for herself. She prayed that it wasnt the truth, Minato surely couldnt be dead, not him, her brother, always so strong and fierce. She hasnt seen him in years and might as well not see him anymore. Kadae wasnt too thrilled about it. „You cant be serious. This was the very reason we left. You and your brother were on edge and that stupid war too. How come you are so worried about him all of a sudden?" She asked Yumi angrily. „First I am absolutely serious, second the reason I left was Ay, third he is my brother, how can you ask such a stupid question?" replied Yumi sharply, her eyes narrow slits. Kadae took a step back in front of Yumi s sudden rage. „Damn, Yumi why are you like this? You were happy with the life we have built and now you want to leave it all behind? I dont get it." Kadae said stubbornly. „I dont care about this accursed life and I dont care about you getting it or no. This is my decision and tomorrow at dawn I am leaving for konoha, like it or no." Yumi snapped, turned on her heel and walked away. Kadae sighed in resignation, she has already lost this battle.

Yumi s journey took her through nearly all of the countries. She didnt realise how far away they really were until now. There was a big rpoblem in her wa though. The biggest of all she has encountered. Now Kumogakure was nearing with every step she was closer and closer to the one she has once loved.....or still loved? Kadae wasnt with her. Their ways parted at the very last. Yumi thought that her closest friend would go with her, but Kadae surprised her once more, and as it appears for the last time. Determined not to throw her hard built life away, Kadae decided to live a life of an artist. Yumi couldnt do anything to persuade her otherwise and so at that dawn their ways parted. Yumi knew that she will not see Kadae anymore. She brushed the thoughts away mentally. No time to dwell on things she couldnt change. Her mind set on a more immidiate problem and that was the gate of kumogakure appearing right in front of her. The guards let her in, that was the easier part. Yumi needed a proper rest. Being on the road for god knows how many days was tiresome, but there was no other choice than seeking accommodation in kumogakure. She found what she sought in a small house that belong to an old wrinkled woman. Yumi introduced herself and asked to stay a night, the old lady was kind enough to let her stay, but never offered her name. Yumi went immidiately to bed, falling asleep the very moment her head touched the pillow.