Poison

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters, only my and Sanya's OCs.

Impossible, was all sasori could think when Ay jumped and with one powerful thrust destroyed all of the nearby puppets. The puppeteer wasnt ready for something like that and thus decided to run. There was no point in fighting a lost battle. He withdrew silently. When Ay looked around he saw nothing but the wreckage he had caused. Splinters of wood lying everywhere. The coward ran, thought Ay as he was scanning the landscape for any sing of Sasori. Suddenly as  all the rage left his body he remembered Yumi. She was lying where she landed, perfectly still. Ay was kneeling next to her in a second, trying to find a pulse. First he felt nothing but then a weak beat could be found. Raikage s son sighed in relief and once again he took his beloved in his arms and carried her. The irony of this deja vu hit him a few minutes after picking Yumi s body up. She was apparently unconscious because of the poison no doubt. Ay just hoped that the Kumo medics will be able to do something about it, because if they wont ... the alternative was just to terrifying now. They got to camp as quickly as possible and Ay gave her to the medics. In a few hours the diagnosis was clear. Doing everything they could, the medics havent succeeded in extracting the poison out of Yumi s body. The diagnosis was: death. Ay was wandering around the camp aimlessly. His mind with Yumi and her few hours f life. He found a love of his life and lost her right afterwards. Everyone was leaving him alone, seeing that his mid was elsewhere. Even his father, the Raikage, was beginning to regret sending Yumi onto such suicidal mission. All of them had given up hope, even Ay. But there was someone who wasnt willing to do so. It was itachi. He heard about ther poison and quickly began to gather ingredients for the antidote. Knowing he cant make a single mistake he managed perfectly. Although Sasori was proud of his poison and the lack of ninjas who could make  an antidote, Itachi proved it wrong. He was undoubtadely a genius since he hasnt seen the poison nor has he known what s it made of, nevertheless he made an antidote. The trouble was how to get it to Yumi. He couldnt expose himself and there was noone who could possbly take it to her. No other choice, he thought. I am becoming a very good fool, with this thought he decided to wait until dusk to walk into the lion s mouth. And the time was the only thing that mattered. Considering that Yumi had only hours of her life, Itachi s waiting was a gamble, a gamble which could prove to be fatal. He underestimated Sasori s creation and doing that, you could be signing your death warrant. Hoping that Yumi is strong enough to last as long as needed to get the cure wasn t very reliable option either. To sum it up, whatever Itachi would do, he d better do it soon.