11. I'LL STAB YOU

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

BROOKE STUMBLED INTO HER home the night before expecting Hopper to scold her or something for being tipsy but instead, he threw her a candy bar and a glass of water, saying that El is mad at him for coming home so late.

Her head pounds as she swings open her bedroom door. Her eyes squint at the dim light. Hopper and El sit at the small table with waffles topped with whipped cream and candy being shoved into their mouths. "Jesus, I think I might puke at the sight of that," Brooke rubs her eyes.

Thankfully, she wasn't drunk enough to forget last night. She vividly remembers meeting Stella and seeing Casey, she remembers talking with Steve and then the fight he had with Nancy. Worst of all—she remembers Steve bringing her home and how she completely contradicted every thought she has had about him since last November.

Brooke flops onto the couch and drowns out Hopper and El's conversation. She can hear the blood flowing as she picks up her head. The conversation between the other two is getting too loud for her to drown out now. Just as Brooke pushes herself up to calm down El, the plates of waffles go flying at Hopper.

Brooke freezes. "Oh! Shit! Shit!" Hopper quickly pushes out his chair and curses. Living with someone who has powers is convenient and inconvenient. El can just move things if Brooke asks but that also means when El gets mad, shit like this happens.

El quickly stands up and Brooke jumps over to her. "Friends don't lie!" El yells. The younger girl pushes right past Brooke who doesn't even get the chance to calm her down as she slams the green door. Brooke flinches and then Hopper kicks the table next to her and she flinches again.

Her heart beat speeds up as she catches Hopper's angry look. Hopper notices the worry in Brooke's face and he mentally curses himself for letting himself get to that point in front of both the girls.

"Get ready for school," Hopper quietly says while cleaning himself off. Brooke nervously sucks in her cheeks and bites down on them. "What happened?" She finally spits out.

"El visited Mike, she says he needs her or some shit," Hopper groans and wipes more whipped cream off himself. Brooke gets why El has to stay inside, it's for her safety. The fucking government is after her like she's a lost dog that they purposely gave rabies.

Hopper walks out of the house and Brooke sighs as she walks back to her room to get ready for school. She's too hungover to give too much of a shit on what she's wearing—as long as it matches she's okay with it.

Brooke goes to the front door, ready to drive with Hopper but the green door behind her makes her turn around. She remembers the day they found El, a little bit after Brooke had started living with Hopper in his trailer. The scared and bald girl that Brooke had been wondering if she was truly dead stood in front of her—with a bit more hair.