32. WHO'S BARBIE IS THAT?

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

   LOUD CRIES FLY FROM El's mouth. Brooke and Mike are practically holding her down as the creature moves under El's skin. Blood flows out from the cut. Brooke used to think she was born to be an older sister. Like, no one was meant to be born before her. She was the menace her parents needed but as the creature squelches and crawls under her sister's skin, Brooke feels weak. They could cut it out but it makes it harder for El. She can't think of anything to help El yet her brain is going a hundred miles per hour.

    "What is that?" Erica inches closer to El's leg. The flesh sizzles on the bone. "Something is in her leg," Casey shouts. His eyes bounce everywhere to look for something but Jonathan beats him to it. "Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan tells them and runs to find a knife.

   Steve crouches down next to Brooke. Hearing El cry in pain is something forgein to him. El is the super hero, she usually always recovers quickly. Her pain tolerance is wild. Steve's breath quickens when Brooke's worried eyes meet his. "Hey, hey, she'll be okay, okay?" Steve tries.

   Brooke frowns at him and then the crease between her brows deepens when she looks back at El.

   "What is in her leg?" Robin asks. "Robin, I wish we knew. Just—Just watch or not. I don't know what's happening," Paisley rambles, her eyes blinking rapidly. Robin immediately takes in Paisley's nervous ticks and slides her hand into hers, hiding it behind Paisley's back.

   "Get her on her side!" Mike tells them. Dustin and Steve help Mike flip the girl onto her side. El lets out more cries of pain even though they're trying to be as gentle as they can. Robin can't help the nervousness within her as well now. Trying to calm down Paisley did nothing for her in itself when she got a better view of El's injury.

  "It's not actually that bad. There was a......the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something. It was insane!" Robin now rambles. Paisley nervously smiles at her. "Robin," Steve says.

  "Yeah?"

  "You're not helping."

   "I'm sorry," Robin apologizes. Paisley gives the girl's hand a squeeze and rubs her thumb along her hand.

  Footsteps speed up behind Brooke and she looks over to see Jonathan speeding with a knife in hand. "Oh, Jesus. We thought of the same thing," Brooke says and swallows hard. "Okay. Alright, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan doesn't sugar coat it. "Okay," El gets out between sobs.

   "I'm gonna need you to stay real still, okay? You're gonna wanna bite down on this," Jonathan hands Brooke a wooden spoon. Brooke's hands shake as she places the spoon into El's mouth. The knife hovers over El's leg and El whimpers. Brooke can't take her eye on the knife even though the blood is next and she knows it. Dustin curses, not being able to believe what Jonathan has to do.