49. I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

  WHO KNEW THAT HOLLY Wheeler's Lite Brite would be a great form of communication. Dustin talking through dimensions and the writing on the Lite Brite let them know that they're indeed stupid and went to the other side without them and.....they're stuck.

A plan was quickly devised thanks to Stella and Dustin.

Get them back here through the portal in Eddie's trailer.

"We have to sneak out," Lucas paces the room. "And run? They'll catch us," Max sighs. A smile flashes across Danny's face, "Bikes. The Wheeler's have a shit ton of bikes!"

"Bikes are not faster than a car," Max shrugs. "If you slash their tires they will be," Erica smirks.

With that, the window was open and they were jumping down and into the backyard. Thankfully, the bikes aren't in shitty shape. Stella runs down the driveway, bike in hands right behind Max and Lucas.

"Hey!" Callahan shouts out the window, "Excuse me! Get back here!"

They all run faster now. Stella looks over her shoulder, "Erica, tires." The younger girl nods, bending down next to the car, "I guess it's just a minor misdemeanor!" She pops a hole in the tire before hopping on the back of Dustin's bike.

"Danny, kick your kickstand up!" Lucas yells at him. In a frenzy, Danny had just ran down the pavement and panicked without kicking the stand up, "Oh! That's what that scraping is?"

"Moron!" Max yells back. They're halfway down the street when the parents emerge from the house, calling for their children. Their calves burn at the speed they're going, dim lights helping guide the way to Eddie's trailer.

"THAT'S GOTTA BE A Guinness World Record. Most miles traveled interdimensionally!" Robin exclaims as they reach Eddie's trailer in the Upside Down. Penelope is panting a bit, legs weak from how hard she pedaled, "That was absolute hell!"

"Cannot be worse than getting attacked by bats, Penelope," Brooke says, panting as well. "Just inhaled a bunch of that crap," Steve coughs, "It's stuck in my throat."

Eddie swings open the door to his trailer and just like Nancy's home, vines have wrapped themselves around the place. Everyone's eyes land on the pulsating portal attached to the roof of the trailer. It glows red on their faces. "Ho—ly shit," Paisley clicks her tongue. "This is where Chrissy died. Like, right where she died," Eddie comments. There's a lot of noises coming from the portal, disgusting squelching noises that Brooke still hates to this day. "I think there's something in there," Robin stares down the red portal.

Something begins almost reaching through the layers of the portal. "What the hell is that?" Steve asks, pulling Brooke and Paisley closer to him out of fear. Whatever it was retracts but as quick as it did, it's back and breaks through the layer of the portal. They all yelp, stumbling back. Gross things fall into the floor in front of them. A stick is moving through the hole. They all exchange a look, worried.