50. DO YOU LOVE HER?

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

  THE WARZONE. THE HAWKINS store is perfect for hicks and defeating interdimensional monsters. Eddie Munson showed it to them and where it is on the map.

Problem is, no one can see Eddie Munson thanks to his accusations.

Thankfully, Max has an old Michael Myers mask that the younger kids recognize from two Halloweens ago.

That is how they ended up sneaking through the trailer park, Eddie in a mask looking absolutely ridiculous. Brooke has to contain her laughter as they approach a neighbor's camper.

They all look ridiculous, actually. A big group of people attempting to stealthily move through this place. Brooke is sure at least one person has seen them. It probably would've been easier if Eddie changed clothes but—whatever.

Eddie runs alongside the camper and opens a small window. He hops in, Stella right behind him. Her face has gone a bit paler. The window is small, very small. Everyone notices her hesitation. Stella feels stupid. It's a fear no one else around her would understand. Eddie sticks his hand out, cocking an eyebrow when Stella doesn't take it.

"Stella, we have to go," Nancy calmly tells her.

She steps back, completely dismissing Eddie's helping hand, "You guys go and then get the door open for it. I'm not gonna fit in that window." Her voice is low on the last part. No one can see Eddie's reaction but he just nods and lets the others come in. Steve goes in and then Brooke and the rest of them. Eddie pops himself in the driver's seat and Brooke, Robin, Steve and Paisley join him.

Eddie is cutting wires seemingly at random. "Ed, is that safe?" Paisley asks, face twisted in worry. "Where'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asks as well. "Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name," Eddie says, clicking the wires together.

Brooke watches the wires spark, "Guess we're both living up to our names, huh?" Eddie looks over his shoulder at Brooke with a tight lipped smile. Steve gives Brooke a sympathetic look, wanting to deny her claim of ending up like her dad or mom. Difference is, Brooke is a good person, Brooke takes care of Danny. Though it's not her job, she does it and she does it well.

Nothing like Shawn and Kathleen.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving," Robin nervously says. "Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her," Eddie replies, smiling at Steve, "Don'tcha, big boy?"

Steve looks back at him, confused but doesn't say anything as he and Brooke share a look. The engine starts and music erupts throughout the camper. "Don't forget my girlfriend, thanks," Eddie pats Steve on the back but their smiles drop once the owners of the camper begin to bang on the side of it. They lean up against the windows, yelling at the panicked teens.