29. I JUST WANT A CIGARETTE

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

  ROBIN'S THROAT IS RAW from yelling meanwhile Paisley's head is swirling with pain. The blonde's voice has been echoing, pleading but as expected no one has come to their rescue.

    "Help!" Robin's voice echos. Everything she's trying feels absolutely useless.

     "Hey," A deep voice mumbles, "would you stop yelling?" The sound of Steve's voice perks both girl's ears up. Paisley nearly jumps but the restraints stop her of course, "Harrington! Oh, you're awake!" Paisley smiles brightly in relief.

   Robin takes a few deep breaths, "Steve.......Are—Are you okay?"

   "My ears are ringing and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out of my skull, but, you know, apart from that, I'm doing pretty good," Steve manages to slur out. Neither girl can see him and Paisley doesn't remember much from the few seconds she did see him but Steve's left eye is bruised, his lip is busted open, just like that night and there's yellow bruises that litter all along his jaw.

    "Well, the good news is that they're calling you a doctor," Robin nervously chuckles. Paisley picks her up, the weight that she feels like is laying on her neck only slightly comes off, "I don't think it's a real doctor, Robbi."

    Steve sticks his tongue to his cheek, taking a look around the room they're stuck in, "Is this his place of work? I love the vibe."

   Paisley and Robin chuckle. "Charming, right? Really sets the mood," Paisley jokes. The strap around Paisley's chest is becoming all too tight. It feels like she can almost bust out of it but not enough, she's too weak but the anger inside her feels so strong.

    "Yeah, so, okay, I've actually been thinking of a plan while your heads have been throbbing," Robin starts, "Do you see that table over there to your right?"

   Steve and Paisley both look the wrong way. "No, no. Guys, your other right," Robin helps them. "Oh," The two bruised teens say. Paisley's neck cranes to look between the other two. The silver table sits not that far from them.

   "Do you see those scissors?" Robin asks and they hum in response, "Yeah, well, I think that if we move at the same time, we could get over there, and then maybe I could kick the table and knock them into your lap," Robin explains.

   "And I could cut the binds," Steve adds. Paisley strains her neck even more, her hair slightly flopping on Robin's shoulder, "And get us the hell outta here—please." Paisley wants to hold her head. The throbbing right where she was hit is traveling everywhere. The front of her head feels like it might explode as cliché as it is.

    "Yeah, okay. We can do that," Steve encourages them, "Those morons. They left scissors out here?" Steve chuckles to himself in his borderline delusional state.