37. DOOMED LOVE

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

  EDDIE'S OLD VAN PULLS up to his trailer with loud rock music Stella has become accustomed to. The doors creak as they get out. Stella is used to the broken down van but why Chrissy Cunningham even decided to have the risk of being seen with either one of them is beyond her.

   Eddie's hands gesture to the humble trailer, "This is, uh, my castle." The cheerleader's hands hold each other as her ponytail bounces its way inside. She turns to Stella with an awkward smile but the brunette mimics her, making her own smile even more awkward.

   Eddie isn't her boyfriend and Stella likes it like that. Eddie is aware, obviously, that Casey died but she can't explain that it was his dear friend Brooke Martel's fault. He's also aware of how much Stella loved Casey and as much as he wants to somehow replace that hole in her heart, he knows it can never be done so he subsides his feelings for the bitter girl and takes whatever he can get. It's not like he's built for a relationship in the first place.

   The white trailer is empty until the three teens enter it. The living room is lined with baseball hats and a low orange light. Eddie scoffs at the mess even though he is most likely the one who left it like this.

    "Uh, sorry for the mess. The maid took the week off," Eddie jokes as he gathers up the trash. Stella crosses her arms, fully owning that she is judgemental and is indeed judging Chrissy and whatever mental shit is making her come here of all places. Stella would be lying if she said she wasn't a bitch before Casey's death—she knows.

   His death and the circumstances just made her worse. She never has contact with the others unless they talk to her first, Stella even ignores Mike, Danny and Dustin at Hellfire. They gave up trying a while ago.

  So, as Chrissy looks at the walls of the trailer, Stella can't help but scoff. "So, you live here alone?" Chrissy asks. "With my uncle," Eddie answers from the small kitchen, "But he works nights at the plant."

  Stella can hear Eddie struggling to find whatever drug Chrissy asked for. She turns her head to the side to look at the long haired boy, "Can't find it?" Her big pink hoops hit the sides of her neck as he looks up to smile at her.

    "It's here, don't you worry, bug," Eddie uses the weird nickname against Stella, one he knows will soften her attitude. Stella chuckles and turns back to Chrissy with a glare, "I'm not the customer. I'm not worrying."

   Chrissy can feel the hatred from the other girl's glare and she awkwardly bounces on her white sneakers, "How long will it take?" She asks and Stella doesn't bother to hide the snort that leaves her mouth. "Stella, don't be rude. You're the one that said she's the customer," Eddie smiles, "But, it depends if you snort it or not. If you do—it'll kick in pretty quick."