03. Accompanied by Royalty

I remember looking away from Shawn, embarrassed, and feeling like I stared for too long. He looked down at his tray and picked it up with two hands, standing up.

"Where are you going?" I heard his friends ask, still not looking up at him. He was sitting with a lot of people. He seemed so... popular.

He replied with something I don't recall, something along the lines of ,"She's alone, nobody should be alone," and then he shuffled over to my table and set down his tray, and I finally glanced up at him.

"Hi, Olivia. Is it okay if I sit here?" he asked, gesturing towards the empty bench, a handsome smirk on his face.

"Yea, sure, please." I said with a smile and he sat, resting his hands on his thighs.

"Why are--were you sitting alone?" he questioned, reaching to his drink and unscrewing the lid to down a sip.

I shrugged and spoke,"Well, it's my first day here and, I mean, I haven't really made any friends." I watched as Shawn stared at me, and got insecure because I felt like I was 1. taking him away from his friends and 2. wasn't worth his time.

"You've got me." he said somewhat quietly, and the tone of his voice made my body shake and my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you, Shawn, but you don't have to do this, you can go sit with your friends. I don't want to keep you away from them." I said, poking at my food with a fork.

"Honestly, I'd rather sit with you than them right now. Besides, you are my friend. And I forbid you from sitting alone. Okay?"

"Forbid? Wow, okay, okay." I giggled. ".But I feel like you're so popular and I'm so... not, and I feel like I might ruin your reputation or somethi--" and he interrupted me. "Ruin my reputation? Olivia, it's fine. And no, I'm not popular."

I still felt like I was accompanied by royalty or something, he was so handsome, and I couldn't help but feel something for him. But I had to stop myself. I didn't want to fall for someone so quickly, but feelings like that one just couldn't be neglected.

I nibbled at my meal, only taking tiny bites of the not-meatloafy-meatloaf (that was disgusting) and some sips of my drink. I guess from now on I should bring a packed lunch, judging by the terribleness of the school's food, but I'm used to it. My old school was the same.

"Oh, what's your next class?" Shawn asked through a mouthful.

I visioned my schedule and replied,"Science, I think. Don't know the teacher. You?"

He nodded, turning his lips in an uncomfortable position, creating a disgusted look. "History. I hate history, most boring class ever. Lazy teacher. But science is fun, you'll enjoy that."

Just then the lunch bell rang, and all of the teenagers lounging around stuffing their faces with the awful school lunches stood and wandered off to class. Me and Shawn said our goodbyes and we were off.

+ + +

I looked around for my brother, Leo's car, but it was nowhere to be found. He probably left without me, that little shit. Why would he leave me? He was probably embarrassed of me. Eh. I don't care. My dad pulled up in front of me and interrupted my thoughts

"Hey, hun. How was your first day?" my dad asked as I climbed into the passengers seat, placing my backpack at my feet.

"It was okay, where's Leo?"

"Home, I offered to pick you up if that's alright."

My little brother, Quentin, was in the backseat with his headphones in, playing on his weird gaming device. I didn't know what he was playing, but he was really into it judging by the way he would lurch his arms in all directions with every button he frantically pressed, his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"How do you like your classmates and teachers?" he wondered aloud as he started the vehicle.

"Some more than others. The teachers are good though."

"Good, good." he murmured.

My dad never really focused on other things when driving. He was a nervous driver, obviously. I could tell by the way his starry green eyes would shift across the road and his fingers would twitch at every turn. I thought it was weird because he'd been driving for over twenty years and you would think he would be okay by then, but nope.

The car was silent and I found myself in deep thought about Shawn and that moment we had in second period. That was a moment. that something clicked and I could feel it. Why was I thinking about him? Why am I so sure? He's just a kid that I could never get to. He's got all these fans and I'm just, like, the new girl. I don't know.

I fumbled with my hands until we turned into the driveway. I don't know how my dad knew the way, we'd only been living here for what-- three days?

Quentin didn't look at me as he entered our house, and I followed behind him, my backpack slung over my shoulder.

"Hi, mom." I said. Quentin just passed her and went straight into his room.

"Hey, hun. How was your first day?" she smiled, cutting open a box, her fiery hair in a mess on top of her head.

"Good. D'ya need help?" I asked, trying to be helpful.

"Not... really..." she breathed. "But, um, can, uh, I found a box of all your books, over there. Take that to your room and sort them out, 'kay?" I nodded as I picked up the heavy box and carried it away into my room, almost trampling over my older brother, Leo.

"LEO FOR GOD'S SAKE GET OUT OF THE WAY," I screamed and he threw his hands up and scooted around me. The hallway was so skinny.

"Damn, okay," he snorted and I rolled my eyes, making it to my room at the end of the hall with a huff.

I sighed as I set the box on my dresser, plopping down on my bed. My room seemed so empty with nothing but a bed and a dresser and an empty bookshelf, with boxes stacked in the corner. Wow do I hate moving.

- - -
(A/N) 5/7/15

so a bug just died on my phone screen wth... R.I.P. strange disgusting thing

ANYWAY WHAT'YA THINK?? :-)

WOAH WHY AM I FINDING REMNANTS OF THAT BUG

love u a lot ok i also love shawn a lot too but yea ok

-sophia