23. Never Ending Night

He was still turned on, and his boner was highly visible. I tried my best to pay no attention to it, but it was kind of hard not to. He seemed really unaware of what was happening. Being in cold water, though, really snapped him back into focus.

We each placed a foot in the icy water. Chills striked up my spine as we submerged ourselves into the fountain. Shawn gasped at the temperature, as I sat down. Of course, it wasn't deep. Probably only two feet in depth. The fountain seemed well taken care of, so I wasn't quite disturbed as my butt hit the bottom.

Shawn sat down, gritting his teeth in pain at the biting relief. "You okay?" I asked.

"Yea, y-yea, just really c-co-old," he said.

"It's not that bad," I lied. It was freezing. But it was nice compared to the heat of the summer, like I said before.

"It's-s bad," he replied through chattering teeth.

I sliced my palms through the water, splashing him, making him duck and wince. He covered his face with his hands, but of course it didn't shield him completely.

"Stop!" Shawn shrieked, chuckling as I continued to wet him. He splashed back, causing me to scream with laughter.

Finally, he caught hold of my arms and forced them to my side, stopping me from splashing him any more.

"You're killing me!" he shouted playfully through gritted teeth, his veins popping out of his neck. It was kind of adorable.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeated, putting my hands up as if to surrender.

"This is ridiculous, what are we doing in here," he breathed.

"You wanted to do something, and I quote, 'Crazy, spontaneous, and outrageous,'"

Shawn smiled and rolled his eyes, laying his arms across the edge of the fountain, resting his chin on the top of his hands.

My hands slithered around his stomach as I buried my face into the crook of his neck.

With one hand I twisted my promise ring around as my hands met each other, and it was actually quite relaxing.

Suddenly, Shawn jumped, and bobbed his head under the water. I looked over and saw a man marching angrily in our direction, then Shawn jerked me under the water, putting one finger in front of his lips.

The man had already seen us, so I found it silly that we were trying to hide from him. So I got an idea. It may have been totally idiotic, but I did it anyway.

I looked at Shawn, then I popped up from the water and rested my chin on the edge of the fountain. The man stopped and looked at me, raising an eyebrow. I tugged on Shawn's arm, and he looked at me, just following what I was doing as he placed his head on the edge as well.

"Hello there, sir! I know we shouldn't be in this fountain, but I cannot express how convenient this is! My colleague and I haven't showered in weeks. You see, we're homeless, and this fountain gives us the opportunity to bathe! We even brought our own bar of soap. But sir, you see, we are both undressed and naked, so I think it would be best you stepped back before you see something you don't want to see! Now if you don't mind," I slipped my hand out of he water and flicked in his direction, gesturing for him to take a step back. He did. He looked so confused, and it was almost impossible for me to keep a straight face. I saw a smile grow on Shawn's face as he spoke,"Unless you're interested in bathing with us! There's plenty room, and plus, we actually brought three bars of soap!"

The man jerked his head back in shock as he turned quickly away to start sprinting off, leaving Shawn and I practically dying with laughter.

"What the hell made you think of that?!" Shawn asked eagerly after the man was far away enough not to hear.

"I don't know, it just hit me!" I chuckled, shrugging my shoulders over dramatically.

"Genius,"

"Right?" I joked.

"This would be on the list of the many reasons to love you." he said, smirking.

"Oh come on, you mush. Let's get out of here before that guy calls the cops on us."

Shawn's facial expression of excitement suddenly faded into fear. "Do you actually think he'll call the police on us?!" he half-whispered, his eyes nearly popping out of their sockets.

I pushed myself up and out of the water. "I was only kidding. But there is a possibility he will, which gives us an even better reason to get out of here. Plus, it's frigid in here."

"Yet you're the one who said it wasn't that bad,"

"Hm, how fast do you think the cops could be here?" I pestered, scratching my head as if to be in deep thought.

Shawn quickly scrambled out of the fountain and over to the pile of our crumpled clothes on the ground. Swiftly, he pulled on his pants and buttoned up his shirt as I shimmied into my dress.

"You're too easy," I muttered, and he glared at me jokingly. "KIDDING," I yelled.

"Sure you are," he chuckled as he slipped on his shoes.

"You're right. Hey, aren't you going to ruin your suit, being so wet?"

"Eh, I think I'll be fine. I can just take it to the dry cleaner's if I need to."

Before we even knew it, I had my head positioned in Shawn's lap as I sprawled across an uncomfortable bench. He softly brushed his fingers through my hair, sending tingles throughout my body. He stared dearly down at me, and I was exhausted. I was quiet as my thoughts screamed in my mind.

"Do you ever think about the future?" I asked quietly.

Shawn exhaled for a long time before replying. "Yes, actually. The future. Hm. It's terrifying, yet it excites me. It's like, I don't know what to expect, and that scares me a lot, but if all goes as I want it to, then it should be great. You know? I guess I just need music to be in my life, and if it's not then I don't know what else is going to happen. It's my only plan. Like, I have no backup idea. It's kinda complicated. Hard to explain. I don't know."

"I understand," I whispered, caressing his cheek with the back of my hand before my arm tiredly fell to my side, and my eyes drooped close. Just then I fell into a deep, amazing slumber.