24. Morning Drama

I took a long deep breath as I moved my hands up to my eyes, rubbing them open. My view was not anything necessarily familiar. Just a blank, white wall. But the sounds that filled my ears sure did ring a bell.

Gentle strumming of a guitar rang in the distance. So of course, I just expected that I was with Shawn, and with that in mind, I felt perfectly safe.

I stirred in the bed, turning towards the sound to find Shawn sitting on a wooden stool, guitar resting in his lap as he played. He wore a bland gray t-shirt and basketball shorts. His focus remained on his instrument, until I sat up and said,"Good morning,"

"Good morning, sunshine! You slept like a baby," he remarked, placing his guitar back on it's stand, leaning his elbows on his knees.

"When did we get here?" I asked, in a daze as I took in my surroundings. I was in Shawn's bedroom, on his bed. Somewhere in time I had changed out of my dress and into one of Shawn's t-shirts, which was obviously way too big for me.

"You fell asleep in my lap last night by the fountain, so I carried you to the car and laid you across the backseat and drove you here. I didn't think it would be a good idea to just drop you off at your house so late, so. I did text your mom from your phone once w--"

"Wait, you went on my phone?!" I gasped.

"Calm down, Olivia, I just texted your mom. I didn't go snooping. What would you be afraid of me seeing, anyway?" he asked, giving me a mischievous grin.

"If you're implying that I'm cheating on you or exchanging nudes with someone, you're incorrect." I announced, crossing my arms and smirking.

"Okay, okay. I believe you. ANYWAY, where was I? Oh, yea, okay so your mom didn't reply until this morning and she said 'Okay, hope you used protection!' with a little smirky face emoji next to it. It's like she wants us to have sex... Moving on...When I brought you in I laid you on my bed and you looked uncomfortable so I got you changed and put your dress over there," he nodded towards his dresser where my blue dress sat folded and neat.

"And you were half awake, so you probably don't remember it, but, it happened. Once I laid you back down on my bed, you were out like," he snapped his fingers,"That. I didn't want to mess with your sleep, or your position. Literally, you stretched across the entire bed, so I just slept on the floor." Shawn finished.

"Oh, wow. I'm sorry I forced you to sleep on the floor,"

"It was my decision so, it's whatever. I made sure to not wake anyone up when I brought you in, though. And I think everyone is still asleep. I don't know. You can go take a shower if you want, I'm gonna go make some cereal. You can come downstairs when your done." he said. Then, he gasped, making me jump.

"My mum went to the store yesterday! I hope to God she bought more muffins," he cheered, causing me to laugh as he hopped up and shuffled out of his room.

Quietly, I rolled out of his bed and made my way into his bathroom. I whipped open the shower curtain as I turned the knob and placed my hand beneath the faucet, feeling the water heat up.

I undressed and balled up Shawn's t-shirt, setting it on the counter as I climbed into the steamy shower. The water pounded against my back as I ran my fingers down my skin. My aching muscles became soothed as the liquids sailed down my body tenderly.

When I was about done with just standing under the pouring hot water, I decided to wash. I had two options, 1. Dove-Men Care: face and body wash, and 2. Suave Kids: watermelon scented three-in-one. It was obvious which body wash belonged to who.

I went with the three-in-one; I'd rather smell like watermelon than a freshly cleansed man.

I finished up and rinsed off, stepping out of the shower. I stood on the floor mat, glancing over at the towel rack. There was no towels hanging from it. "Crap," I muttered as I bowed over, opening the cabinets under the sink. Once again, my search for a towel was unsuccessful.