10. Open Heart

The weekend came along quickly, and I wasn't sick anymore, so I was looking forward to time being spent with Shawn.

He texted me right when I got home from school, but we had talked before I left, so I guess this was a good thing.

Shawn: Hey there, beautiful.

Olivia: We just talked like ten minutes ago.

Shawn: But I still want to talk to you.

Olivia: Fine with me:)

Shawn: You're so cute I um UH ANYWAY wanna go somewhere?

Olivia: Where would we go?

Shawn: Anywhere, as long as I'm with you.

He was being so adorable, what had gotten into him? He was finally over Evelyn, apparently.

Olivia: Aww, okay, can you come pick me up and we'll go to your house?

Shawn: Quite a hassle, but of course. On my way.

Olivia: Don't text and drive:))

Shawn: THEN DON'T TEXT ME

Olivia: ARE YOU TEXTING WHILE DRIVING

Shawn: STOP SIGN GTG

I smiled at my phone, getting up and exiting my bedroom.

"Mom, I'm going out with a friend, is that okay?" I called from the hallway.

"Uh, sure. I'll call when food's ready." she yelled back, and I grabbed my phone and walked out the front door, sitting on the first step of my porch until Shawn's car pulled in.

He smiled at me from his seat and gestured for me to come in. I skipped down the rest of the steps and hopped into his car, looking over at him happily.

"Hi," I said, bouncing in the seat as I hooked in my seatbelt.

"Why so happy?" he laughed.

"Because I get to spend my Friday night with you. You're not happy?"

"I'm not happy, I'm ecstatic." he grinned, and we drove off, headed to his house.

"My parents and sister aren't home, they went to some movie I wasn't interested in, so it'll be just you and me."

"Aw, I wanted to meet your family." I pouted.

"You'll have plenty of time for meeting them any other time, but for now let's take advantage of the empty house." he explained.

I laughed, and we arrived at his house. He unlocked the door, welcoming me inside. The house was nice and neat. Everything was in place. My eyes wandered around his home as I followed Shawn up the stairs. We found our way up to his room where he sat on the edge of his bed.

The walls were painted an off-white, so the room seemed more open. His bed was placed in the far corner of the room, the covers dark blue and soft-looking. His room was very organized, he didn't seem the type to have a messy room in the first place, anyway. Next to his bed was a guitar stand with a black guitar leaned on it. My fingers brushed over the strings as I admired his room, Shawn staring at me from where he sat.

"It's not much, but yea." he said blankly as I sat down beside him, still staring around his room.

"I like it: simple and clean." I replied.

"My room is about ninety-nine percent of the time clean, I can't stand a messy room." he giggled, earning a giggle back.

"So, what should we do?" I asked.

A smile appeared on his face. "Well, it's a Friday night and there's nothing really to do in my house, so it's up to you."

"Play me something." I demanded, pointing at his guitar. (Of course trying not to sound too demanding.)

"What?"

"Play me a song. I want to hear you sing."

Shawn swallowed, licking his lips, then he stood up, grabbing his guitar and sitting back down. He positioned the instrument in his lap, staring at the neck of the object. He strummed once, then turned one of the tuning knobs to adjust the sound, and then strummed again, nodding to himself. His hand hovered over the strings as if he were about to play something, but then his eyes met mine and he spoke,"What should I play?"

I opened my mouth, then shut it again, thinking. I leaned against the wall. "How about Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran?"

"Good choice, that song's amazing. Actually I've been teaching myself to play it. Let's see," he said, placing his fingers on the correct frets, and he began to play.

His eyes studied the movement of his hands as he played, and I shut my eyes. Shawn was really good at playing, honestly. Wait, no, he was amazing at playing.

I took a moment to open my eyes as he began to sing. His voice filled my soul making chills strike up my spine, my body shivering. My jaw was dropped open as he sang with so much passion, his eyes squeezed shut and his head up. His gentle, sweet, beautiful voice seemed to sweep everything off my mind and just focus on that, and my heart ached for him. He opened his eyes and they met mine as he sang the words,"Oh, I just wanna hold you," in that mesmerizing tune. His hands hit every note perfectly. I wanted to bust into tears, I don't even know why. His heart was right there, open for me. He was singing with so much passion that his eyes reflected every inch of his beautiful soul as he looked at me, and I couldn't breathe, because that's when I realized how much affection I had for him. I felt like the whole world vanished around us, and we were just floating in space as the music rung in my ears, and that's not an understatement. He was absolutely angelic, and I was so head over heels for him.

He finished the song and I was still in my own universe, so I just sat there in awe and he laughed admirably.

"So?" he said.

"So?! Shawn! That was... amazing. You're amazing." I complimented, my eyes wide.

"You're pretty amazing too," he smiled, placing his guitar back on its stand. I giggled and laid back in his bed, and he stayed sitting, staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're gorgeous." he stated quietly.

"Shawn," I whispered, shaking my head.

"Seriously, you're simply and utterly beautiful, and I'm not lying."

I stared into his eyes, and I sat up, my face inches away from his, and then I was staring at his perfect pink lips. I wanted to kiss him, but I had never kissed anybody, yet with him it felt like such a natural feeling.

I moved my face closer to his, and he didn't move. Suddenly his finger was on my lip, and he whispered,"If you kiss me right now, I won't be able to stop."

"Then don't," And I smashed my lips onto his, and once again the whole world disappeared.

His hands were pressed against my jawline until one of them took my thigh and lifted over his so that I could wrap myself around him. Our lips kept moving in perfect sync and I felt like I knew exactly what I was doing.

I tugged softly on his hair as he lifted me by my waist and laid me down on his cushiony bed so that he was hovering over me. Shawn pushed my hair off my neck and his lips left kisses down my collarbone and up until he reunited with my lips, and he was right, he couldn't stop. I was completely okay with that.

Finally he fought his urge to kiss every inch of my body, and he was still above me, staring directly into my eyes. Then he leaned in and our foreheads touched and he closed his eyes, cherishing the moment until he laid down beside me, pulling me close and holding me. His face was buried in my neck, his arms wrapped around my body, with our hands intertwined and our legs twisted with each other. "Don't let go," I said as he shifted into comfort.

"Never,"