Chapter 5

So, I know I said that her dad would be introduced in one of the other chapters. Well it didn't fit for me but he is in this chapter.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Why is that still on? Shut up! I thought while pushing buttons on my stupid alarm clock.

I got out of bed to go downstairs. When I got home last night, my mom came and hugged me right away. When she finally pulled away she wanted to hear everything. After about 10 minutes, I excused myself and went to bed. My mom gave me a sad smile before nodding.

As I make it to my door, I see a note from Taylor. She had spent the night but had to leave early because her mom needed her at home.

Making my downstairs, I heard voices. From what I hear my mom is on the phone with the lawyers and my dad is...home? Walking into the kitchen, sure enough, my dad is leaning against the counter with my mom on the opposite counter. She saw me and smiled.

"I'll call you back." Mom told the person on the other end. Dad looked confused.

"Why did you hang up?" My mom ignored him and walked over to me. When he turned and saw me. He was by me in an instant, hugging me. I hugged him back and soon enough mom joined the hug.

"Glad to see my family loves me. I mean a group hug without me? Man, do I feel the love or what." Emmett replied. Smirking I quickly picked him up and squeezed him. "Let me go!"

"Never!" I screamed back. My parents were laughing but not too long after they joined the hug. It was nice. The whole family.

After everyone got untangled, we all ate breakfast. My parents left for work. After that, Emmett and I decided to watch a movie.

We were about half way through watching, our favorite movie, 'The Princess Bride', when my phone started ringing. I answered without checking who it was.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Em." It was Jason. I smiled.

"Hey, Jason. What's up?" At the mention of Jason's name, my brother turned his head and smiled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to the movies with us?"

"I would love to but I'm babysitting Emmett today while my parents are at work."

"Hey! I'm not a baby! You're kidsitting." Emmett said.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Sorry, I'm kidsitting Emmett."

"He can come to if he wants."

"Hmm, Hey Emmett you wanna go to the movies with, wait who else is going?"

"Me and Max and hopefully you and Emmett."

"Okay, you wanna go to the movies with Jason and his friend Max?"

"YES!!" He screamed, making me wince.

"I'll take that was him saying yes."Jason said with a laugh.

"Yeah, he did."

"What time do you want me to pick y'all up?"

"Oh, you don't have to-"

"I know I don't have to. I want to."

"Okay, how about 11:30 and then we can eat before the movie. Sound good?"

"Sounds great!" He cleared his throat, "I mean, sounds great." I bit my lip to try and not laugh.