Chapter 13

"Ow! Grace don't pull so hard."

"Well if you would stop moving, your hair would be done by now." 

"Stop arguing and hurry up! It's 5 o'clock. You have an hour left! We need to do your makeup still and you need to get dressed." Taylor screamed at both of us.

I mumbled in return as Grace finally finished my hair. I walk over to my bed and slip into my dress. It's a mint Sundress with white polka dots on it. "Can one of you come zip me up, please?" Grace nodded and came over while Taylor got makeup ready. I slipped my white high-top converse on then sat at my vanity.

Taylor immediately started working on my makeup or my face as Emmett would put it. She finished in about 30 minutes. I looked in the mirror and loved it right away. My eyeshadow is mint with white on the inside of my eye. It has rose pink above the mint color and under my eye. My eye also consists of black winged eyeliner and mascara. For my lips, she applied pale pink lipstick.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 5:46. I took a deep breathe, almost time.

"So, where exactly are y'all going anyway?" Taylor asks us.

"I don't know! He won't tell me."

"AHAHAHA, that sucks." Grace says while laughing at me. I glared at her in return. 

I opened my mouth to reply but was cut off by the doorbell. My eyes went wide and I looked at the clock. 5:50.

"He's ten minutes early! What do I do?" I whisper-yelled at them.

We heard the door open and I panicked. "My dad." 

Their eyes went wide as they pushed me out my room and down the stairs. 

"Move! Go, go, go!" We ran down the stairs and I stopped on the bottom step. I fixed my dress and tucked a few stray hairs behind my ear. I stepped off the stairs and walked up behind my dad. He was staring at Jason with narrowed eyes.

"Why are you here, exactly?" He has't seen me yet, apparently.

"I'm here to pick up Emily, sir. We have a date tonight." Jason looks at me and smiles before turning back to my dad.

I walked in front of him and smiled at Jason. I turned towards my dad, "I'll be back later. Bye dad."

Before he can reply, I push Jason out of the house. I grabbed his hand and we ran to his truck. He opened the door for me as I got in. He closed my door before running to the drivers side of the truck. He got in and we grinned at each other. He started the car and we were off.

"You look very pretty." He glances at me and smiles.

"Thank you." I blush then look at him, "You look pretty good too."

"I tried my best." He says and I giggle. He's wearing a pair of white t-shirt with a jean shirt over it and a pair of dark jeans. He has the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. He really does look good.

(Picture of Jason's outfit)